Cannon anyone?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

Re: Cannon anyone?

#21 Post by TomH »

How do cannons have to be secured? You'd need a rather large cabinet to wheel some into.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#22 Post by dromia »

All that needs securing is the barrel which is usually easily removable, the carriage is not a section 1 item.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#23 Post by Hrun »

Blackstuff wrote:So if you can own one on an FAC you're free of the 2" bore diameter restriction having it on your SGC?
My understanding is 2 inch iz the maximum size you can own to shoot on the whole, and it will always be on an FAC as it is too short for a SGC.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#24 Post by Blackstuff »

Hrun wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:So if you can own one on an FAC you're free of the 2" bore diameter restriction having it on your SGC?
My understanding is 2 inch iz the maximum size you can own to shoot on the whole, and it will always be on an FAC as it is too short for a SGC.
:bad:
DVC
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

Or (In theory) You can get one that complies with the 24"/40" rule and keep it as a muzzle loading shotgun on S2 however your FEO may get a bit sulky about it if you fired solids.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

DanTheMan wrote:We used a 2 pounder today to scatter the ashes of one of our club members downrange.
Way to go :good:
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#27 Post by Hrun »

Blackstuff wrote:
Hrun wrote:
Sorry..

Not happy or am I wrong? Happy to be corrected if I am.
Blackstuff

#28 Post by Blackstuff »

Hrun wrote:
Sorry..

Not happy or am I wrong? Happy to be corrected if I am.
Not happy! Would've been great if you could get a fully sized one you could tow behind the car!
Ovenpaa wrote:Or (In theory) You can get one that complies with the 24"/40" rule and keep it as a muzzle loading shotgun on S2 however your FEO may get a bit sulky about it if you fired solids.
40" OAL only applies to semi-autos and pumps only, but I know how innovative you are, so maybe you have something that needs some photos posting on here.... :D
DVC
Sandgroper

#29 Post by Sandgroper »

Blackstuff wrote:
Hrun wrote:
I've seen live arty, tank etc advertised and only requiring a FAC to own and all bigger than the 2 inch maximum quoted. The most recent being a 7.5 cm Pak 40! :p

In keeping with the thread you can now dust off those plans for an updated version of a Victorian era Rifled muzzle loading cannon!
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Ovenpaa

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:Or (In theory) You can get one that complies with the 24"/40" rule and keep it as a muzzle loading shotgun on S2 however your FEO may get a bit sulky about it if you fired solids.
40" OAL only applies to semi-autos and pumps only, but I know how innovative you are, so maybe you have something that needs some photos posting on here.... :D
True, SxS, O/U, lever and single barrel and bolt shotguns must have a minimum of 24" barrel, no OAL.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal