Has anyone got one of the Weslake muzzle loading revolvers ?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

MistAgain

Re: Has anyone got one of the Weslake muzzle loading revolve

#11 Post by MistAgain »

Handled one of the Anvil Conversions revolvers a few weeks back .

Fantastic workmanship on the gun , it looks and feels good , even the trigger felt better .

Worth every penny i think , of course the club misery guts had to say ................its still a Uberti . This from a guy who used to say the Star F was better than a Smith 41 !.
AL8

#12 Post by AL8 »

Mdwysc
Home club or Range: Bisley

#14 Post by Mdwysc »

I have one of Alans earlier revolvers, target barrel and 5 cylinders. Its a hoot to shoot and gives very good groups. Its the closest thing to shooting a real pistol in the UK on a section 1. Totally converted me to a "wheel gun".
Nerf pistol reloading expert
Super soaker long distance world champion
cap pistol quick draw 56 times world champion
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#15 Post by waterford103 »

Just put a deposit on one , waiting for variation and renewal to complete !
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by 1066 »

waterford103 wrote:
Tell us more then - What have you got in the pipeline. :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#17 Post by Geek »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Yep a couple of us have them. They look S&W quality and nothing to go wrong really.

Alan Westlake makes the new cylinders so they are spot on.

Accurate? Well, I'm happy - it's just a fun plinker at the moment but when we get a few more in the club we'll run some comps and find out but lovely for ringing steels.
Think I need to add one of these to my next variation!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
waterford103

#18 Post by waterford103 »

1066 wrote:
waterford103 wrote:
Tell us more then - What have you got in the pipeline. :)
It's a .357 Alfa modified by mr Westlake with all the kit but sadly no spare cylinder .I emaile Westlakes re. a second cylinder but no reply yet . When I get my grubby hands on it I'll ask again . I imagine they are all CNC made so retrospectively fitting a second cylinder should be ok . Two cylinders - whoooo PP1 again !
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
davidh195
Past Supporter

#19 Post by davidh195 »

It's a .357 Alfa modified by mr Westlake with all the kit but sadly no spare cylinder .I emaile Westlakes re. a second cylinder but no reply yet . When I get my grubby hands on it I'll ask again . I imagine they are all CNC made so retrospectively fitting a second cylinder should be ok . Two cylinders - whoooo PP1 again !
He has a jig to position the indexing ring on the rear of the cylinder but prefers to have the revolver to check the timing is ok .

David
I applaud your enthusiasm, even though your grip on reality may be somewhat tenuous......
waterford103

#20 Post by waterford103 »

davidh195 wrote:
He has a jig to position the indexing ring on the rear of the cylinder but prefers to have the revolver to check the timing is ok .

David
Thanks , can't wait !
Adolph Hitler – 1933