Nepalese Brunswick, what size nipple ?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

CrumpCP

Nepalese Brunswick, what size nipple ?

#1 Post by CrumpCP »

I am currently restoring a Nepalese Brunswick rifle bought off IMA from the Nepalese cache and it is missing the percussion cap nipple, can anyone tell me what size or type nipple it requires ?
AL8

Re: Nepalese Brunswick, what size nipple ?

#2 Post by AL8 »

I have one and the nipple is very small.
Don't forget that the are hand made so they do vary a bit.
Might be worth rethreading for a standard size one.
Is yours rifled or smooth bore?
CrumpCP

#3 Post by CrumpCP »

ok thanks i will look into that, it is rifled.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would agree, it will be a lot easier and probably safer/more predictable to tap to suit a good quality nipple that is readily available. Beware your source of nipples, there are a quite a few new ones from India and similar floating around and they are as variable as the original ones!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
AL8

#5 Post by AL8 »

I have a smooth bore one that needs a patch box, and a battle field pick up as they called it, that is rifled but has no stock to it.
Check the rifling if you intend to put it on your ticket as the groves are variable in more ways than one
AL8

#6 Post by AL8 »

I have a smooth bore one that needs a patch box, and a battle field pick up as they called it, that is rifled but has no stock to it.
Check the rifling if you intend to put it on your ticket as the groves are variable in more ways than one
CrumpCP

#7 Post by CrumpCP »

AL8 wrote:I have a smooth bore one that needs a patch box, and a battle field pick up as they called it, that is rifled but has no stock to it.
The stock on mine had been half eaten by woodworm so I have a replacement coming from the rifle shoppe. Luckily it has all the metal parts aside from the nipple. I’m going to do a cast of the barrel and get a custom belted ball mould made for it when it’s ready to be put on my ticket.
AL8

#8 Post by AL8 »

let us know how you get on