legalities of selling propellant powder

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: legalities of selling propellant powder

#11 Post by Sim G »

But here it states no licence required and there is no FAC/SGC requirement. It appears from the same regulations you’ve quoted...

http://www.hse.gov.uk/explosives/licens ... /index.htm
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
rox

#12 Post by rox »

Sim G wrote:But here it states no licence required and there is no FAC/SGC requirement. It appears from the same regulations you’ve quoted...

That is an incomplete summary of parts of the act; the summary even specifically refers to the paragraphs in the act that I quoted [7(2)(a)(ii)]

The statutory instrument is clearly authoritative.
rox

#13 Post by rox »

rox wrote:
Sim G wrote:But here it states no licence required and there is no FAC/SGC requirement. It appears from the same regulations you’ve quoted...

the summary even specifically refers to the paragraphs in the act that I quoted [7(2)(a)(ii)]
Correction: Section 7 (authorisation to store) seems to make no mention of an FAC requirement, whereas section 5 (authorisation to acquire or acquire and keep) does include an FAC requirement.

What the difference is between 'keeping' and 'storing', I don't know. Presumably one has to 'acquire' before one can 'store' (or keep). Regardless, the question was about acquiring, so section 5 seems applicable and the FAC requirement inescapable.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by Pete »

I've been buying rifle powder for ten years, and I've never been asked to show any paperwork...........only recently for primers.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#15 Post by Racalman »

I have never been asked for my FAC when buying smokeless powder from any RFD but I have always been asked for my name and address.