Best shop to get a Reloading Kit?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Best shop to get a Reloading Kit?

#11 Post by 20series »

I don't know if you're planning a drive up to the shooting show at Stoneleigh Park in a couple of weeks, but you should be able to find most things you'll need if not at bargain prices but at least without postal charges.

Alan

http://www.shootingshow.co.uk/
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dave 101

#12 Post by Dave 101 »

If you want a local shop try Roding armoury at Abridge cant be far from you , you will need to ask questions as they dont volunteer info until you get to know them .

Dave
FGarre

#13 Post by FGarre »

Hi,

20series -> I might do... wife permitting ;-) a couple of friends are going so we could share the car.

Dave 101 -> yes, a know "the brothers" (Phil and John?) I buy from them. I Asked them but they do not have kits, just bits and pieces so more expensive than a kit.By the way I have noticed they have gone very very expensive on reloading stuff, Dave at International Firearms is much cheaper. For example 500 heads 158gr for a .38 from hannans reloading was £28 at International and 33 at the brothers, on the same day! Same thing with primers, etc..

I haven't tried "May Of London" yet, they are also very close to my place (3 minutes drive!)

Regards,
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#14 Post by Meaty »

For example 500 heads 158gr for a .38
Hello,
Dont call bullets 'heads' on here as you might open Pandoras box :lol:
It might be worth having a word with Spud on here as he often has kits available and can put together a kit of good s/hand reloading kit.
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
FGarre

#15 Post by FGarre »

Hi,

thanks for the hint!.

I can not contact him/her yet cos I haven't got PMs. (less than 30 posts) I will try once I get the 30 posts.

Instead of he*ds .. what should I say? :-)

Regards,.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#16 Post by M99 »

FGarre wrote:Hi,

thanks for the hint!.

I can not contact him/her yet cos I haven't got PMs. (less than 30 posts) I will try once I get the 30 posts.

Instead of he*ds .. what should I say? :-)

Regards,.
They are Bullets or projectiles - unless you want to wind people up then I call them the "Pointy bit" or the "sharp bit"

Mike
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#17 Post by dromia »

The word is bullets.

I don't know where the "heads" name came from but it's use can cause confusion and potentially dangerous confusion amongst tyro shooters with the case head.

Also it doesn't really make sense, what part of the bullet is the bullet head.

It seems to me that it is a nomenclature that came out of ignorance when people call cartridges bullets.

Unfortunately this misnomer is used by those who should know better including well known gun shops.

Fashion I suppose, it is sad really but people are just people regardless of their interest at the end of the day.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Full metal jacket=Bullet
Cast projectiles = Boolits
Avoid the term heads it makes for a quieter life. :lol:
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#19 Post by ukrifleman »

ovenpaa wrote:I purchased a Lee Cast Classic a few years ago as a stop gap first press until i could find a 'decent' one. It is still on the bench in use every time I reload. I have some more presses next to it these days including an RCBS and I still prefer the Classic as it returns fine accuracy in reloading and is a sensible price. There are some very good alternatives including Arbor and co-axial presses and even some UK produced billet presses however as a first press that will last many years the Cast Classic ticks the boxes.
I couldn't agree more about the Lee Classic Turret Press, the great thing about them is that you can use them as a single stage press as well.
I load 14 calibres and once your dies are set up in each turret, it is so convenient to just lift one out and replace it with the next turret with dies already set up.
ukrifleman.
FGarre

#20 Post by FGarre »

Hi,

I'm thinking about going to the show at Stoneleigh Park as people suggested. It is a 2 hours drive from my place and I think I might be able to share a car with some friends so not so bad.
The point is: I have never been to that show...
Do you think I will find Reloading Kits there? I'm sure they will have the parts: beams, etc... but a kit is usually cheaper..

Anyone has been there before and saw kits or think they might have?

Thanks!