GGG 308 Importer or where to buy?

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: GGG 308 Importer or where to buy?

#11 Post by phaedra1106 »

That's what we're looking at, what ammunition does your club supply?
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

pm me.
ColinR
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK), FDPC, NRA Member, Bisley

#13 Post by ColinR »

Sim G wrote:We've got a 7.62 rifle in the club that we specifically want 7.62 ammo for. Not a lot, just a couple of hundred rounds as it doesn't come out often. One of the lads went to Bisley and picked up a 100 for the club at 90 odd quid! Thing is, it's GGG .308 and not they're 7.62. The guy questioned it,and the y but the "12 year old armourer" was adamant it's all the same stuff....

We usually shoot .308 PPU through the club Howa and both the 145 and 175 stuff have been more accurate than the probationers who use it can shoot....

Hi Sim Having purchased several of the empty NATO metal cans the NRA buy bulk GGG in I can confirm they are marked as '7.62 Nato' with the usual marks. These are brand new cans which they buy in the hundreds direct from the factory each packed with 640 rounds. The only GGG rounds I had from the NRA were when they first started bringing it in a few years before making a major purchase and that is certainly headstamped 7.62 with a cross in a circle. Is the stuff you have definitely headstamped .308? Never had the stuff from the cans but it certainly says it was 7.62 not .308.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#14 Post by Sim G »

Yep, definitely .308. Came in 20 round boxes, marked as GGG .308. Yes, we've had GGG 7.62 before and they came very much as RG used to, brown, nodescript box et al. Obviously the .308 stuff we got is GGG commercial .308 which really is not the issue as we understand it to be different. The real issue is the 12 year old telling us it's "exactly the same stuff...."
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#15 Post by redcat »

Saw some GGG .308 yesterday at Bradford & Stalker in Ouston.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

All the GGG cases I have and I have quite a few are head stamped .308 WIN.