icl nobel number 3 rifle powder

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: icl nobel number 3 rifle powder

#11 Post by dromia »

Last I saw the empty tins were going for around a tenner, unless the prices have gone up.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
shotgun sam

#12 Post by shotgun sam »

Interesting stuff I have recently been given a tub of this powder
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

#13 Post by ballkeeper »

ll keep them then for when i get a 223 ,
chris
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#14 Post by Robert303 »

I cannot get the scans of my Nobel data to load as images and do not have tome to resize them. PM me with what you need I have various 222 250 loadings and British 303 loadings. I also have date for the Revolver and Pistol powders
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#15 Post by dodgyrog »

I have the entire Nobel powder reloading book on PDF. If anyone wants access to it please pm me
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
ballkeeper

#16 Post by ballkeeper »

many thanks guys
chris
ballkeeper

#17 Post by ballkeeper »

manage to get 5 more tins of rifle no3, 2 of rifle 1 and 3 tins of pistol no3 and book nobel glasgow powders for the handloader think this lot should keep me going for abit
chris
X500BEN
Home club or Range: Andover rifle and pistol club

#18 Post by X500BEN »

Hello folks, new on the site but actually becoming an old stagger.
I've ended up with a few tins of noble rifle 0, rifle 3 revolver 1. They are all in great shape so please don't post the old powder warnings.
I I shoot various calibers that can use these powders and probably have enough experience to work up my own data but published data would be greatly appreciated. Back in the 80's I had the data book but have probably lent it to someone and not had it returned.
Many thanks.
Laurie

#19 Post by Laurie »

ballkeeper wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 11:16 am lol prob ,
there from 1958 i am told

No, nothing like that old. I don't know when the battleship grey taller thinner tins were introduced, but I'd reckon 70s or early 80s. If you come across really old ICI Nobel powders, they're in squat almost cubic tins and were painted dark green. They used to turn up every now and then in the 90s / oughties and as with grey cans today, their contents were still usable if the tin remained sealed.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#20 Post by dromia »

X500BEN wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:48 pm Hello folks, new on the site but actually becoming an old stagger.
I've ended up with a few tins of noble rifle 0, rifle 3 revolver 1. They are all in great shape so please don't post the old powder warnings.
I I shoot various calibers that can use these powders and probably have enough experience to work up my own data but published data would be greatly appreciated. Back in the 80's I had the data book but have probably lent it to someone and not had it returned.
Many thanks.
Working up from no data is frowned upon here as an unsafe practice see forum rules.

Have you read post number 15?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/