Explosives licence

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

Re: Explosives licence

#11 Post by Hrun »

The seller claims it meets HO guidance and to have supplied rfd's and police forces.

I am not bothered about the screws, I would be more concerned by the 250+ shotgun shells on the adjacent shelf full of lead shot and we will have evacuated the house long before any of this becomes an issue..
James84

#12 Post by James84 »

I had my visit on Wednesday and he had the exact same comment on my box... I took it apart and just covered it in glue.
James84

#13 Post by James84 »

I just realised how dodgy that sounds...
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#14 Post by Mattnall »

When I started shooting BP it came in metal tins. That changed and we then purchased it in plastic containers.

Then HSE used to advise the safest place to store explosive powder was in the plastic container it came in on a shelf in a shed. We've all seen how it oxidises when in a large open air space, nice and slowly.

Now we have to contain it in a wooden box with very little room around each container. We have all seen what happens when it oxidises in a confined space, somewhat quicker!

My last private explosive check the FEO approved the nice box I had but wanted me to add the COSHH explosive warning label on the outside "so the fire brigade could find it in the event of a fire".
Then he told me I couldn't store the box on top of the gun cabinets where they would be able to find it easily but hidden in the loft above the heads of the unsuspecting fire brigade officers when they come to put out the flames.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was questioned on my powder, ammunition and primer holding during my last FEO visit for my FAC renewal (2 weeks ago) However he did not mention my holding as an RFD which was interesting. Mine is in a nice wooden box painted red with 'DANGER EXPLOSIVES' in big white letters on the top which is fine, however it is inside a concrete armoury which is perhaps not so good as our keys are with myself and the Viking at all times which would be unfortunate if the Fire Brigade had to get in quickly. On a positive note the heavy steel security door has a big and current explosives sticker on the door warning people just in case. Maybe I should mention it to the local Fire Chief when I see him next.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Hrun
Past Supporter

#16 Post by Hrun »

According to the explosives officer, they are two completely seperate departments.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Some counties have separate people performing the tasks of Firearms and Explosives, Beds and Herts used to have one person dealing specifically with RFDs and Explosives and others as FEOs for new certificates and renewals. The FEO for my part of Lincolnshire appears to deal with all three areas along with SGCs.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#18 Post by daman »

I had my visit today from the Met for my BP licences.

Same chap as did my FAC/SGC a few years back.

Pleasant, professional chat about who was mentoring me, the clubs I was with, and shooting in general.

All done and dusted in about 15 minutes, just waiting for the documents to arrive now.
Hrun
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Hrun »

Licence arrived today, happy days..

What I cant see for looking is any kind of limit on holdings like I have with ammo?
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#20 Post by glevum »

There is a maximum amount you can store without registering the premises.

Have a look at

http://www.bristolmuzzleloaders.co.uk/M ... rstore.htm