Lyman Pro Touch 1500 problems

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dahonis

Re: Lyman Pro Touch 1500 problems

#11 Post by Dahonis »

Lyman advised it maybe due to static, did what they said to resolve the issue and still the same. Refund all sorted, shame really.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

Thats a bummer. Will you buy an alternative another make may be.
Dahonis

#13 Post by Dahonis »

I was planning to use it to weigh cast boolits to batch them up according to grain + or - difference. Its a little more tricky and time consuming on a beam scale. However, as I will not be shooting outdoors this year its a mute point due to time constraints.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

I have had a scale the same as the one you had for a couple of years now for weighing cast bullets and it has worked fine except for the mains lead failing a month or so ago, easy enough to replace but it is running fine on the batteries.

All this electronic stuff seems to be a lottery, even RCBS are now limiting their usual cast iron warranty on things electrical and digital.

A cheap set of digital scales will suffice for batching bullets.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm currently using a set of MCM case gard scales bought second hand for £20 they work fine for me. You can pick them up on the bay for not a lot of money. This one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTM-Case-Gar ... SwKoFa12Mo
Dahonis

#16 Post by Dahonis »

Alpha1 wrote:I'm currently using a set of MCM case gard scales bought second hand for £20 they work fine for me. You can pick them up on the bay for not a lot of money. This one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTM-Case-Gar ... SwKoFa12Mo

Thank you. They would do the trick. Good enough for what I need them for......eventually thankssign
Dahonis

#17 Post by Dahonis »

dromia wrote:I have had a scale the same as the one you had for a couple of years now for weighing cast bullets and it has worked fine except for the mains lead failing a month or so ago, easy enough to replace but it is running fine on the batteries.

All this electronic stuff seems to be a lottery, even RCBS are now limiting their usual cast iron warranty on things electrical and digital.

A cheap set of digital scales will suffice for batching bullets.
One day I will learn........ aaarggh
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#18 Post by Racalman »

I've had a Lyman 1200 DPS for some years and it has always behaved. I think you were unlucky to get a faulty unit.

Mine did suffer a mechanical problem when the spring catches that hold the lower chamber in place failed but Lyman posted me a replacement set FOC.
Dahonis

#19 Post by Dahonis »

Racalman wrote:I've had a Lyman 1200 DPS for some years and it has always behaved. I think you were unlucky to get a faulty unit.

Mine did suffer a mechanical problem when the spring catches that hold the lower chamber in place failed but Lyman posted me a replacement set FOC.
I'm unlucky with things like that..... aaarggh
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#20 Post by Geek »

I have a similar issue with mine. I just leave it to 'settle down' (while I prep another case), and eventually it settles on a reading. Next time I am at the shop where I bought it I will take it back to compare with another one they have.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S