Reloading electronic powder dispenser

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

Re: Reloading electronic powder dispenser

#21 Post by TomH »

dromia wrote:Target Master Trickler, beam scale and a cheap Lee powder dispenser. Fastest and most accurate method of dispensing powder.

Search for reviews and comments on here as well as the WWW.
+1. :good:
David24

#22 Post by David24 »

1066 wrote:For anyone not familiar with how the Targetmaster works, here a short video I posted last week. Looks like it's topping up a 50 grain charge in about 10 seconds. The bit with the Targetmaster starts at about 7 minutes in.

Got to declare an interest here - I make the machine, but thought you might find it interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz2SWCjj5e4
Well I'm pretty much decided on the target Master trickler now, good job for forums to make you aware of other devices. Specifically as it seems to be more accurate/consistent with no potential warm up times or worry of wandering zero which my current mtm digital scales suffer. Also as the time to pour the charge seems to be around the same, meaning I can seat the bullet whilst the next is pouring, luckily I can sit the device and scale on another table next to the press. Also as the device and scale will be around the same price as I've seen the hornady or slightly more and will likely last longer.
I'm now looking around for beam scales to decide where to go however they all pretty much seem about the same to me, and all around the £70-£100 Mark.
Any suggestions?
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by 1066 »

David24 wrote:I'm now looking around for beam scales to decide where to go however they all pretty much seem about the same to me, and all around the £70-£100 Mark.
Any suggestions?
If your looking at new scales, then the only real choice is between the RCBS M500 and the Redding No 2. Both work well with the Targetmaster. If you want to go the used route, then RCBS 502,505, 5-10, Redding 2, Hornady/Pacific "M"type.

The RCBS 10/10 and Lyman M5 are both good scales (both obsolete) and both work well with the Targetmaster but the sensor unit needs to be placed to the front of the scale rather than behind as with the other scales.

If you check my videos on youtube you will see several different types of scales in operation.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
David24

#24 Post by David24 »

1066 wrote:
David24 wrote:I'm now looking around for beam scales to decide where to go however they all pretty much seem about the same to me, and all around the £70-£100 Mark.
Any suggestions?
If your looking at new scales, then the only real choice is between the RCBS M500 and the Redding No 2. Both work well with the Targetmaster. If you want to go the used route, then RCBS 502,505, 5-10, Redding 2, Hornady/Pacific "M"type.

The RCBS 10/10 and Lyman M5 are both good scales (both obsolete) and both work well with the Targetmaster but the sensor unit needs to be placed to the front of the scale rather than behind as with the other scales.

If you check my videos on youtube you will see several different types of scales in operation.
Thanks, I will take a look at those suggestions.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#25 Post by ukrifleman »

I can recommend the Redding No.2 beam scale.

Mine is bang on the money every time I check it with my RCBS check weights.

ukrifleman
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#26 Post by Racalman »

I've been using a Lyman 1200 DPS 3 for some years now. It's just as accurate as my RCBS 5-0-5 beam balance but does have a habit of drifting off by 0.1gn every so often.

I haven't seen the Targetmaster before but it certainly looks to be worth a try. I see they recommend throwing most of the load in to the pan then trickling the rest. Is that due to a limitation of the trickler or just to reduce the time taken?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#27 Post by dromia »

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
David24

#28 Post by David24 »

Well, redding number 2 beam scale has been ordered and so has the target Master. Looking forward to it turning up and I can test the new set up.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#29 Post by 1066 »

David24 wrote:Well, redding number 2 beam scale has been ordered and so has the target Master. Looking forward to it turning up and I can test the new set up.
Yours is in the front row David, right next to one going to Slavenia and another to Germany. :)

TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
David24

#30 Post by David24 »

1066 wrote:
David24 wrote:Well, redding number 2 beam scale has been ordered and so has the target Master. Looking forward to it turning up and I can test the new set up.
Yours is in the front row David, right next to one going to Slavenia and another to Germany. :)

Thanks, don't worry, I saw your email.