Cleaning solution for Wet Rotary Tumbler - Suggestions

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Cleaning solution for Wet Rotary Tumbler - Suggestions

#11 Post by bradaz11 »

after separating pins and brass, i just chuck an old tea towel in a lyman turbo sifter, and pour the water back through it, the pins get caught in the tea towel, water goes in bucket, then gets binned. the pins then get emptied back into the drum off the towel.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

On the LEM there is a cluster of four large magnets however the pins stick to the magnet so the idea is you stick the magnet in a thick plastic bag and then peel the bag off and the pins fall away. In practice there is no chance as the pins soon pierce the plastic and get stuck to the magnets. What would be great for this and similar would be a hard plastic sleeve that has been 3D printed.

So there is an opportunity for anyone with a 3D printer, make some plastic trays/sleeves and I will even supply a 3D model in the format of your choice (Ish) if you are interested :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#13 Post by Gh0st »

well mine are currently sat in the tray after being separated. I guess at least they wont rust.

Could just stick them back in the tub i guess.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#14 Post by Mattnall »

All you need is a small amount of detergent of your choice and depending upon the hardness of your water supply, a small amount of citric acid.

Once the cycle is finished I just rinse the tub contents with clean water to remove the dirty water and either lay the cases on towels to dry in the sun (great this summer) or place on kitchen roll on a baking tray and place in the oven at a very low heat or after cooking when the oven is cooling down.

The pins go straight back in the tumbler damp and the lid put back on to keep them safe, I pour off as much water as I can but they are stored wet and have been for over three years now and still haven't rusted.

One thing you do need is a good magnet. It will help collect the stray pins.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.