7.5 x 55 Swiss

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

7.5 x 55 Swiss

#1 Post by redcat »

Anybody shoot one of these with lead bullets? I have a bunch of 165gr that I'd rather use than melt down so any load data would be welcome.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
AL8

Re: 7.5 x 55 Swiss

#2 Post by AL8 »

yes pm sent
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#3 Post by ukrifleman »

If you are talking about a K31, you will need to take into account the short throat when choosing a cast bullet.

I have found the best bullet is a 155gn Lee 7.62x39 (mould No.90385) as it's pointed and the ogive suits the K31's short throat.

ukrifleman
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#4 Post by Mike95 »

As previous post...no problem with shooting cast...just getting them to chamber is the problem...make up a dummy round with loose bullet and check for chambering...I have the NOE 180gn bullet mould which throws a bullet specifically for the K31...even these need a shove to get chambered...if your chamber is well worn you might have more luck with another bullet type...a blunt nose type may have to be seated very deep.

Mike95
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

I use the Lee 309-150-F mould with gas checks, and 13grns unique,this appears to work well
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#6 Post by redcat »

Rifle is a K11 which I understand is a little ore forgiving. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.