Turret press - or not?

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
rox

Re: Turret press - or not?

#21 Post by rox »

Sim G wrote:I found the movement on the turret was not conducive to consistent rifle ammunition. Exactly the same reason why I don’t load rifle ammo on my Dillon 550. I found te variation in OAL too great for my liking.
I find the 'play' (or lack of) in my progressive is conducive to excellent rifle ammo! it's very rare I see a dimension outside +/-0.001" of the target, whether shoulder, trim or seating (seating dimension measured to ogive, as OAL inevitably varies with target bullets that are seated consistently to the ogive). My single stage is used very rarely indeed these days. I know of some very successful F Class shooters who use 550s specifically.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#22 Post by bradaz11 »

ditch the auto disc, and use the Lee Auto Drum. it is brilliant!!! once setup, it dispenses bang on, everytime. not seen any issues with powder flake shape like in the autodisc. EG, I can drop 2.5gr of Unique no problem in the drum, which I can't with the auto disc.
changing powder amounts when changing caliber/setups is simple, empty the powder, whip out the drum, stick in a previously setup one, refil. run a few cases to get it all moving. verify and you're away!
I have about 10 spare drums now, all marked up with powder and weight for different loadings.

also, no issues with the primer system here. I do have the press setup with the auto eject system too!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
sclg
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#23 Post by sclg »

bradaz11 wrote:ditch the auto disc, and use the Lee Auto Drum. it is brilliant!!!
Already ordered with the press!
bradaz11

#24 Post by bradaz11 »

sclg wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:ditch the auto disc, and use the Lee Auto Drum. it is brilliant!!!
which?
sclg
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#25 Post by sclg »

bradaz11 wrote:
sclg wrote:
which?
Auto Drum !
bradaz11

#26 Post by bradaz11 »

sclg wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:
sclg wrote: Already ordered with the press!
which?
Auto Drum !
Good man. you won't regret it

Sent from my p20 pro from the toilet