Lee Auto Disk problems

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dahonis

Lee Auto Disk problems

#1 Post by Dahonis »

Hi,

I have upgraded all my reloading hardware....now I have issues aaarggh

Is it possible to get the Lee auto disk to dispense flake type powder ?

It will meter all others very well, not flake types.

Secondly, is it possible to add the Lee deluxe perfect powder measure to a Lee Classic turret press to use as part of the 4 hole slot. I understand that I would need to manually fill the cases this way.....especially for flake types. helpsign

Kind Regards

Chris
MrD

Re: Lee Auto Disk problems

#2 Post by MrD »

The AD seems to have a documented aversion to flakes. Using the standard disks I was reasonably happy enough as I'm only plinking with my 38/357, but still needed very careful monitoring to avoid the odd squib. This was much worse with the adjustable charge bar. For safety's/sanity's sake I bought an Auto Drum which meters flake to +/- 0.1 gn.
I don't think there is an easy way to mount the Perfect measure on a turret press but I'm sure some home engineering could provide a solution.

Donald
Save it for a mammal who cares!

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#3 Post by Mike95 »

Depends on the flake....had problems sometimes with Unique...not usually with Red/Green Dot...Maxam powders meter well..the flakes are somewhat thicker than Unique. Might be a problem with static in the plastic container...I think there is a recommended way of dealing with the static problem..I think you have to "season" the plastic container.

An expert will be along in a moment..

Mike95
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

You really need to move on from those old fashioned flake powders, they have had their day.

We are now in the 21st Century digital age, you really need to move on, catch up and keep abreast of all the new products we have for our convenience.

You need to engage more in our amazing forward looking world, why they no longer teach parallel parking for the driving test as evidently everyone now has automatically parking cars, such institutional prescience is truly amazing.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dahonis

#5 Post by Dahonis »

Thanks all. I will try the 'season' thing, other than that I will change to non flake once I have used it up.

Dromia, I tried the digital age with a lyman Pro touch thingy.....that broke.

I now have a Dillon D Term scale, which is 2nd hand but works. I like simple stuff......and the internet.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

You are such a dinosaur.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#7 Post by phaedra1106 »

Changing the square powder hopper to the better round one from the perfect powder measure helps a lot, the elastometer insert stops most of the leakage etc.

I've dropped 5.4gr of TiteGroup out of one with very consistent results.

One thing with the Auto-Disk dispenser, don't use the adjustable charge bar for low weights, it is useless!!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Dahonis

#8 Post by Dahonis »

phaedra1106 wrote:Changing the square powder hopper to the better round one from the perfect powder measure helps a lot, the elastometer insert stops most of the leakage etc.

I've dropped 5.4gr of TiteGroup out of one with very consistent results.

One thing with the Auto-Disk dispenser, don't use the adjustable charge bar for low weights, it is useless!!.

Will give that a try, fank you thankssign