Shellhouse Bullet Co

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Shellhouse Bullet Co

#1 Post by Lever357 »

I'm looking to place a large order with Shellhouse and was wondering if anyone has used their bullets?? I have one good review and one bad from two club members. Personally I've only used GM bullets so far. Any feedback welcomed.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Shellhouse Bullet Co

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

They are brilliant, don't even think about it just order.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#3 Post by WelshShooter »

Last month I received 1,000 x 110gr RNFP 30cal and 1,000 x 158gr TC 38cal bullets that I ordered. Took around two weeks to deliver. Opened the boxes and apart from the colour of lube, they look exactly the same as the Hannam ones I used before but cheaper!

I haven't got around to using them yet so I can't comment on performance.
sclg
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#4 Post by sclg »

They are great. I've used their 357, 44 and 45.
Lever357

#5 Post by Lever357 »

DanTheMan wrote:They are brilliant, don't even think about it just order.

That's what I wanted to hear Dan, thank you.
fra150l

#6 Post by fra150l »

I have used them and all good.
Will be placing a large order to collect at next Bisley Arms Fair to save postage.
lapua338

#7 Post by lapua338 »

I placed an order recently for 20K (a small pallet with free delivery) having used the last of a previous 15K order (158gr Silhouette) for my lever actions.

I have around 4K 158gr Keith Style for my revolver which work very nicely.

So much cheaper buying in bulk.

Both Donald and Macauley are a pleasure to deal with.
Lever357

#8 Post by Lever357 »

lapua338 wrote:I placed an order recently for 20K (a small pallet with free delivery) having used the last of a previous 15K order (158gr Silhouette) for my lever actions.

I have around 4K 158gr Keith Style for my revolver which work very nicely.

So much cheaper buying in bulk.

Both Donald and Macauley are a pleasure to deal with.
Funnily enough, I only put the question out there as a friend had bought the Keith Style ones and said they were rubbish. I could collect at shooting show at Harrogate but apparently have to wait until the show has closed so they can move their van over to the public parking. So I will probably just get them delivered, hopefully for free!!
lapua338

#9 Post by lapua338 »

Funnily enough, I only put the question out there as a friend had bought the Keith Style ones and said they were rubbish.
You need to very carefully tune and tailor the load to your firearm.

My revolver is very sensitive. It even responds to changes in primer. It was happy with Federal but a change to Ginex meant working up a load again (certainly not paying £45-50/1000 for Federal) so I will manage to live without them and have 20K of Ginex Small Pistol in storage.

The Shellhouse products are good value and fit for purpose for the type of shooting I wish to do.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

It would be prudent to buy a small batch in the first instance to ensure that they will work in your gun.

Buying commercial cast bullets is a lottery as regards fit, hardness and lube as they are not tailored to specific firearms which is the essence of cast bullet accuracy.

If the bullet works for you in your guns then by all means stock up and bulk buy but if you haven't tried them and they don't work you will end up with some very expensive scrap lead.

I know a lot of cast bullet shooters and they have all had mixed results with Shellhouse and all other commercial cast bullets, if they fit then they are usually OK or if 4" groups at 25 yrds is all you require then the fit tolerances are bit less.

This is not knocking any manufacturer, it is just the nature of commercial cast bullets.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/