New reloader

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: New reloader

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

I youtube,d Rosie Ok yeah a pretty Girl I switched the video off half way through and switched to double boosts channel I guess I am getting old.
DaveT

#12 Post by DaveT »

Watch the YouTube videos by all means BUT ... please try to get someone you can trust to show you how its done and MOST IMPORTANTLY what latitudes you have with measurements such as headspace, brass trim length, cartridge length etc.
If you don't truly know how to measure and manage these ...and why they are important .... then you have serious knowledge gaps endangering safety and impeding performance.
jack Mack

#13 Post by jack Mack »

Grovenik46 wrote:Hi, Ive just purchased a .308 rifle and looking at starting to reload.
After speaking to various people and chatting with mark at 1967spud I’ve settled on a lee 60th anniversary kit which should be delivered this week. I’ve got a set of dies that came with the rifle that I brought.
I’ve read a couple of reloading books, any advice or recommendations of videos to watch would be appropriate.
Thanks
The most important piece of advice I was ever given regarding reloading was keep a good record of loads. When you load a set of rounds note on your box what the load is and date loaded. It Is so easy to get rounds mixed up but I would advise early doors just load with one weight at a time.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#14 Post by Geek »

I bought a Hornady kit to start reloading and the one item I have changed is the scales (they broke!), bought an RCBS Chargemaster lite: in my opinion a worthwhile purchase (also have a beam scale, but don't use it). You will also find that you will add more reloading equipment as you progress, case trimmers (I have one for each calibre), primer pocket cleaners (large and small), drop tube, funnels, possibly large and small priming tools, tumbler, more reloading trays, etc, etc.

Before I started to reload and after watching YouTube videos, I was fortunate that one of my local clubs provided a reloading course (run by The Gum Pimp on this forum). Also, I asked one of the club members who I knew well to show me how to set everything up and show me the whole process from start to finish. It's Ok to watch on YouTube, but doesn't beat hands on experience.

Good luck and I find it very enjoyable and relaxing once you get used to it.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S