7.5 French

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
PeterN

7.5 French

#1 Post by PeterN »

I have a couple of boxes of 15 rounds 7.5x54mm French that have the details written in Arabic. Can anyone translate into English? I just have an idle curiosity to find out what it says.
Mas box 1.jpg
Mas box 2.jpg
Mas box 3.jpg
Regards
Peter.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: 7.5 French

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Syrian made ammuntion, this should help give you some idea although it isn't exactly the same.....

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t ... ease/26804
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
PeterN

#3 Post by PeterN »

Thanks for that. It is a good while since I got this ammunition. I remember that some went bang, some went click bang and some went click. I kept a couple of the best condition boxes back just to collect.
Regards
Peter.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#4 Post by ukrifleman »

I picked up a couple of hundred rounds of Syrian 7.5x54 some years ago and I think I had about 1 in 20 that would go bang.

I pulled them and recycled the bullets and powder into PPU brass, I also remember the primers were seriously hard, indicting that the ammunition was primarily produced for automatic weapons and not the MAS36.
ukrifleman
EH1022

#5 Post by EH1022 »

Peter, I believe your boxes state the following, hope that helps:

Image 1
Envelope No.: 11-1-1957
Flavour(?) No.: 17-9-1957 0.375gm
Powder: B.P.-5-1954 0.95gm
Zero(?) Manufacturer: Dorner

Image 2
Syrian Republic
Defence Laboratories Corporation
Ammunition Factory

Image 3
15 rounds of 7.5mm caliber
Ordinary bullets in cartridges
Ticket No. 9-1-1957
PeterN

#6 Post by PeterN »

Thank you for the translation. It is much appreciated.
So, I have standard ball ammunition made in Syria in 1957. I wonder what route it took to get to Yorkshire and when.
Regards
Peter.