NOE mould for the 6.5 Creedmoor.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

NOE mould for the 6.5 Creedmoor.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I received an email from NOE cast bullet moulds in the States they have a cast bullet for the 6.5 Creedmoor on offer so I snaffled one. I also ordered a top punch.
Why you may ask would I get so excited about a cast bullet for the 6.5 Creedmoor? I love messing about with cast bullets. I am limited to a maximum 600 yard range on a good day normally an average range is 100 yards maybe 300 yards if I am lucky.
I have shot 6.5 Creedmoor at 25 yards indoors with cast bullets and fast pistol powders and that was fun.
I am getting old actually I am 70 next birthday I am guessing I have 18 months of full-time employment left then I should quit. (Her indoors disputes that)
So I will have to survive on pensions. I need this rifle to outlive me so cast loads could be interesting. We will see when the mould arrives.

A question for Adam are Brass moulds preferable to aluminium I noticed the brass moulds are more expensive why is that. I have never owned a brass mould.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: NOE mould for the 6.5 Creedmoor.

#2 Post by dromia »

Brass moulds are good and too some look gorgeous, they cast as well as aluminium and hold heat longer, not that that is an issue with good aluminium moulds. I don't use them much as I find them heavy to use, I can cast longer with aluminium so more bullets per session.. Brass can also tin plate with tin from the alloy in certain circumstances and is a bugger to remove.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

I would add that brass moulds usually take a breaking in cycle to get them working. I have a 358 4 cavity brass MP mould that took me a few hours to get working properly.
Cracking mould but quite heavy.
Not as heavy as the H&G 8 cavity 44 steel mould I used to have!
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

Alpha1 wrote:I received an email from NOE cast bullet moulds in the States they have a cast bullet for the 6.5 Creedmoor on offer so I snaffled one. I also ordered a top punch.
Why you may ask would I get so excited about a cast bullet for the 6.5 Creedmoor? I love messing about with cast bullets. I am limited to a maximum 600 yard range on a good day normally an average range is 100 yards maybe 300 yards if I am lucky.
I have shot 6.5 Creedmoor at 25 yards indoors with cast bullets and fast pistol powders and that was fun.
I am getting old actually I am 70 next birthday I am guessing I have 18 months of full-time employment left then I should quit. (Her indoors disputes that)
So I will have to survive on pensions. I need this rifle to outlive me so cast loads could be interesting. We will see when the mould arrives.

A question for Adam are Brass moulds preferable to aluminium I noticed the brass moulds are more expensive why is that. I have never owned a brass mould.
I got mine ages ago! It drops some lovely boolits.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks. I am looking forward to getting my hands on it and having a play.