Lyman 310 tool.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
PeterN

Lyman 310 tool.

#1 Post by PeterN »

The other item I got from the list was a Lyman 310 tool with a set of .308 dies. I doubt I will use this, but I thought it was something interesting to play with and I don't have one. Does anyone still use this tool? I see Lyman have stopped making this now. The decapping pin on the die is broken but is easily replaced. This is one with the alloy handles, not steel. It also came with a primer pocket cleaner.
Lyman 310.jpg
Something to add to the collection.
Regards
Peter.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Lyman 310 tool.

#2 Post by Sim G »

I’ve always fancied a Lyman tool for the original “hyphenated calibers” I shoot. Good ones just became too expensive for the “nicety” of it.

I like it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by 1066 »

I have a 310 tool but can't find the dies. I believe I only ever had .38 Spec. but not seen them for 30 years. :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

I am a big fan of the 310 dies and have them foe a lot of calibres but mainly use them for 44-40, 38-40, 25-20, 22 Savage Hi-Power, 32-40, 32-20, 2i8 Bee, 22 Hornet, 222 Remington and such like as they are neck size only dies. The fine threads on them make for precise adjustment.

Using the tong tool is fun although not very practical if you want 100's of rounds. I have Lyman Tru-Line junior turret press which is made for these dies and is a marriage made in heaven. You can also get adaptors so that they can be used in a normal press which works well but lacks the elegance of size compatibility of the Tru Line junior.

There is a yankee site called the 310 shop which deals in all things 310 related and is a joy to procure from. The owner is excellent crack.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/