Swiss GP11

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
James84

Swiss GP11

#1 Post by James84 »

I am curious... Why is there no GP911 in the UK? When I shoot in the US, it seems to be plentiful with my friends out there who shoot Swiss rifles. Or is that the issue, that the US importers bought all the surplus the Swiss put up for sale?

I have only owned a K31 for a year so maybe it used to be prolific, but when searching for it I find threads from many years ago saying it is like rocking horse poop
Andy

Re: Swiss GP11

#2 Post by Andy »

I've never managed to find any either.
I would love to try some.
James84

#3 Post by James84 »

My colleagues in the Czech Republic can get it cheap and I was contemplating flying back with some when I next went over for work, then saw it was £silly to fly with ammunition on BA
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#4 Post by poll007 »

I would usually by mine from ITL shooting supplies any time I saw them at a gun show. (that or at a nearby gun shop who had someone who worked for them and ITL).

For the most part they seemed to be the only people importing it in significant quantities but it isn't in stock on their website at the moment.

Their prices were always pretty goo to, I think last time i paid £73 per 100 when Privi was still £69 per 100 so worth the extra I felt (though i would always keep the GP11 for me and use the Privi for anyone who wanted a go at the range)
James84

#5 Post by James84 »

Thanks for this, I didn't know he got it in. I will see when he plans to get more!
PeterN

#6 Post by PeterN »

In my K31, the PRVI ammunition shoots better than I can. I still have some G11 that I bought a while ago. I am in the process of reloading a few G11 cases as an excercise in Berdan primed reloading.
Regards
Peter.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

GP11 is rare as hens teeth in the US if the owners group is anything to go buy, Ian at ITL does buy it in, but as far as I know its dependent on him going abroad to buy it himself so obviously that hasnt happened in a while, it is all we use at the Swiss ranges (obviously ) but that hasnt been possible for the last year or so.
PPU brass, PPU 174 grn bullets and RS60 allow you to get pretty close to GP11 without any real effort, although I still use GP11 for 1000yds as its plug and play for the sights and doesn't involve boring fine tuning of hand loads , below that the handloads work just as well IMHO
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

We have a few paper packets of GP11 we are hoarding for the times when we can go to Eskdalemuir once more and shoot out to 1800 mards. It's awesome stuff ! We recall reading a review of the ammunition in a magazine once where they purchased samples of GP11 from four different decades of production, dismantled it and found zero (yes, ZERO) deviation in bullet weight, bullet size, powder weight and case weight across the whole sample. Swiss precision ad ultima ?

For mundane 600 to 1,000 mard shooting we use a pawload centred on Privi brass, RS powdah and LOS solid brass 165 gn .308 projectiles - the latter purchased through Major Disorder of this parish.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"