QuickLoad tips and tricks

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
borbal

Re: QuickLoad tips and tricks

#41 Post by borbal »

I have increased powder libraries for the online internal ballistics simulator at

http://www.bbt.scot/ballistics/pressure.htm

There are now powders from Alliant, Chemie-Swiss, IMR, Lovex, Norma, Vectan and Vihtavouri

Geoffrey Kolbe
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#42 Post by Pete »

I just ran my 6BR load through QL and BBT.........BBT predicted an MV of 2798fps, QL predicted 2881fps.

Labradar said I got 2890fps... (an average of 10 shots fired on a comfortably warm day)

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
borbal

#43 Post by borbal »

Thanks for that Pete
Out of interest, what the load, usable case capacity and barrel length?
Pete
Past Supporter

#44 Post by Pete »

Correction: I entered my TOTAL case capacity with the BBT s/ware, not my usable, hence the low MV prediction.
Entering the usable case capacity given by Quickload for my cartridge length with the 105grain Scenar, the BBT predicted MV is 2917fps.
Thanks Borbal for drawing that to my attention.
The barrel is a Lothar 760mm 8-twist, and the usable case capacity is 2.28 cm3

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
borbal

#45 Post by borbal »

Pete wrote:Correction: I entered my TOTAL case capacity with the BBT s/ware, not my usable, hence the low MV prediction.
Pete
Easily done. I have tried to think of ways to make it clearer that it should be the usable case capacity that is used, not the total capacity to overflowing, but a simple way to do that has escaped me.

It is actually quite easy to measure usable case capacity, as I show in this little movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3eJxKXqmn8
Pete
Past Supporter

#46 Post by Pete »

Now why didn't I think of that?? goodjob

Pete