Man Cave

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Man Cave

#71 Post by Dark Skies »

snayperskaya wrote:Dark Skies.....is that a Suzuki lump in the top pic???, looks like a GS1000 unless it's my eyes.
Kawasaki Z1000 P (cop bike) lump. Not a patch on the early Zed engines in my view. Kawasaki took a bullet proof engine and then arsed it up with cost-cutting wheezes that inflicted a number of niggles that you just didn't get with the first generation engines.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#72 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mine is currently divided across a couple of areas and this is the press area. A MEC for slug, Dillon 1000 for .357 and .44 although I do have the set-up for .223Rem as well, a Lee cast classic for general reloading and an RCBS Summit for mandrel work and de-capping.

I have just ordered a load of Ikea 5 litre plastic boxes to store my brass and bullets as plastic bags and cardboard boxes are not ideal plus I want to get it all out of the Armoury. I have also just sat down and listed all of my dies on a spreadsheet as I was loosing track of what I have.
Reloading.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#73 Post by snayperskaya »

Dark Skies wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Dark Skies.....is that a Suzuki lump in the top pic???, looks like a GS1000 unless it's my eyes.
Kawasaki Z1000 P (cop bike) lump. Not a patch on the early Zed engines in my view. Kawasaki took a bullet proof engine and then arsed it up with cost-cutting wheezes that inflicted a number of niggles that you just didn't get with the first generation engines.
Very nice :good:, It did cross my mind it might be a Kwacka lump.I had a GPz550 and a GPz750r years ago but mainly had a succession of Yam two strokes and big Suzuki's, including a very fast 1100 Katana and a GSXR-1100H "slab side" that ended up much modified and sporting a Skoal Bandit paint job.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#74 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:Pffft y'all. That's not a man cave. THIS is a man cave. :)
good old worcester Cbi boiler , and its in the garage so no biggie when the heat exchanger starts to leak cheers (easy replacement if/when it does) :good: :good:
Dark Skies

#75 Post by Dark Skies »

kennyc wrote:
good old worcester Cbi boiler , and its in the garage so no biggie when the heat exchanger starts to leak cheers (easy replacement if/when it does) :good: :good:
You certainly know your boilers sir! It's a 14/19 and I think that day may be coming soon.
We have a servicing contract (with a well known fuel supply company) and their engineer has been out several times and gone away with "need to order some parts" although it's not given us any functional trouble. That was about three weeks go - not heard a peep since.
I went out a few days ago and found a sticker on the boiler "Danger. Safety Warning. Do Not Use" - although the engineer didn't make any mention of it or switch it off.

I think I need a new boiler and switch to a different maintenance company.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#76 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:
kennyc wrote:
You certainly know your boilers sir! It's a 14/19 and I think that day may be coming soon.
We have a servicing contract (with a well known fuel supply company) and their engineer has been out several times and gone away with "need to order some parts" although it's not given us any functional trouble. That was about three weeks go - not heard a peep since.
I went out a few days ago and found a sticker on the boiler "Danger. Safety Warning. Do Not Use" - although the engineer didn't make any mention of it or switch it off.

I think I need a new boiler and switch to a different maintenance company.
I have one at home! they were generally very reliable boilers, the o ring seals on the heat exchnger plates can leak, and in the case of mine the heat exchanger can crack, very simple to repair and worcester always used to offer a cheap fixed price repair, your gas supplier may not :p , my current view is that for the fuel saving its not worth replacing a boiler of this type unless its buggered beyond repair, all parts are available and they are not overly expensive, a new boiler would probably take 10 years plus to repay its installation cost in fuel savings over this model .
Dark Skies

#77 Post by Dark Skies »

kennyc wrote: I have one at home! they were generally very reliable boilers, the o ring seals on the heat exchnger plates can leak, and in the case of mine the heat exchanger can crack, very simple to repair and worcester always used to offer a cheap fixed price repair, your gas supplier may not :p , my current view is that for the fuel saving its not worth replacing a boiler of this type unless its buggered beyond repair, all parts are available and they are not overly expensive, a new boiler would probably take 10 years plus to repay its installation cost in fuel savings over this model .
Cheers for the info. I've emailed Worcester to sound out the possibility of them providing annual servicing.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#78 Post by Ovenpaa »

Just to prove it gets used as well :)
IMG_3582.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#79 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

There was I thinking I have far to much reloading kit in my man cave...but no looking at the plethora of kit on all these photo’s I am just a beginner...um what shall I buy next :p
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#80 Post by Gh0st »

Having too much kit is not the problem. problem is storing it... or rather hiding it....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk