Never tell me it cannot be done, the M54S LSR rifle

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Never tell me it cannot be done, the M54S LSR rifle

#31 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just added a wooden target hand grip which added a 100 grams and gives my hand a more vertical position plus something to lean my left hand against and it does feel a lot better.

The project was interesting in that even now I am still only on around 5 weeks from concept and design to near completion (I will continue to develop the design as and when things show up) Accuracy even with a fluted barrel is staggering but then again, the Match 54 was always a good shooter. For me the key interest areas have been the manufacturing/machining process and I will/would certainly change some of the part designs for both aesthetic and engineering reasons.

There is certainly interest in the finished item and I had to cancel a customer who wanted to come and try it for size today, right now we are keeping contact with others to a minimum and I somehow doubt people are that keen on spending a lump of money on a new rifle when ranges are closing everywhere.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

OK, I will call it done now.

Matt black barrel and satin black tubes and stuff. Why black? It was on the shelf.
Attachments
IMG_6837.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal

#33 Post by 1066 »

Very pretty David - Attachment for a flat fore plate for benchrest?
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Ovenpaa

#34 Post by Ovenpaa »

Made, as is the undercut flat plate. I did not bother to add an offset to the plate as the .22 Eley Club is not exactly ferocious. No need to add a muzzle brake either :)
/d

Shed Journal
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#35 Post by Geek »

Ovenpaa wrote:OK, I will call it done now.

Matt black barrel and satin black tubes and stuff. Why black? It was on the shelf.
That looks fantastic, great job.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#36 Post by Alpha1 »

Very smart.