Range Rods-Indicator rods.

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Range Rods-Indicator rods.

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am of an age where the Waverley dip pen was still standard skool issue albeit nearing it's end. We had the option of buying fountain pens with our initials engraved on them. I had mine for years, no idea what became of it in the end.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#22 Post by dromia »

We had chalk and slate in primaries 1 & 2 then in primary 3 we got the Waverlies and the ink wells.

Washing the class inkwells was a punishment much feared, the tawse any day over that.

I was in primary four when the Bic Biros came in, bulbous tip end tapering to the rear, grey bottom half an blue top half as I recall.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

I remember it well. Blotting paper oh my God.
Everything I wrote was a mess. A piece of stick with a nib on the end awful. Don't even go there.
I have just finished an order for a well-known silencer or whatever you call them I have never owned one so I wouldn't know.(Could be a Moderator)
Anyway, he wanted bullet pens made from cartridge cases to give to his suppliers. I have made a lot of these they sell like hotcakes. I can all most guarantee if I make a batch of these they will be gone within the month.
Alpha1

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

I finally managed to acquire range rods they were not cheap.
But what's more important nobody got hurt or injured in the acquisition process and no lives were put in danger.
I despair. I really do.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

Why despair, problems with them?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#26 Post by Alpha1 »

Nothing wrong with them I finally managed to acquire some after months of searching for someone who would supply them. I can now get on tidy up my crappy muzzle jobs that have been on hold for months.
Alpha1

#27 Post by Alpha1 »

Pictures.
I am gobsmacked at how expensive these things are.
First one is a Grizzly rod it is about 12" long the way these are used is totally different to a normal range rod. I got the .308 it's fitted with a bushing that will enable me to clock in my 7.62x39 barrel to tidy up the muzzle. I can change the bushings to enable me to clock in .303 and 7.62x45R and of course .308.
2.jpg
These are examples of normal range rods in calibers. Once again very expensive.
6.5 creedmoor
38/357
3.jpg
I was also intrested in being able to check my rifle chambers for wear. So I bought sets of GO and NO gauges for every caliber I own.
Some examples
.22 LR
4.jpg