Boyd's Stock Fitting

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Boyd's Stock Fitting

#11 Post by Pippin89 »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:Especially on the kitchen table
I do have a full machine shop at work that I could have used, but sometimes doing things the old fashioned way is so much more satisfying. For something as simple as a bit of sanding, I just stick on some Pearl Jam and let the hours tick by!

That old kitchen table has seen a fair bit of abuse. It regularly has a whole pig or lamb on there being butchered. I prefer buying whole animals and butchering myself with the help of my 4 year old. Its cheaper, you know exactly where the animal has come from and how it was treated, you can butcher the actual joints you want, and in the process my daughter learns where her food comes from.
Doing your own butchering with a 4 year old is one of the most sensible things I have read in ages. Well done again.

We have an old stripped pine kitchen table, I have assembled motorbike engines on it, we have climbed end to end underside it on a Friday night, butchered things on it, both my children teethed on it, a Blue and Yellow Macaw once took a corner off and numerous dogs and cats have had a discreet nibble. It seats a comfortable 6 or more and has seen more wrongs righted and drinks drunk than I can remember. We have laughed and cried around it at different stages of our lives, right now I am writing this from it and I usually have a Labrador or Lurcher under it (They are eating right now) Kitchen tables rock.
Truer words have never been spoken! I would much rather spend Friday night round the table with a few close friends than anywhere else (except maybe a shooting range!)