Dial Gauges

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Dial Gauges

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Something completely outside of gauging is yourself. I routinely check calibration of everything in the workshop from micrometers to the pH and concentration of the coolant in the machines (They are logged as well) Machine levels are confirmed every three months and I measure the temperature of the workshop (Which is built into a hill) from time to time. One important part is myself and the way I use gauges and I do try to 'calibrate' myself from time to time. We all take the way we use gauging for granted yet it is so easy to crank down a micrometer to get to the measurement you need and this is one of the reasons the gauges we build are so designed, to remove as much human error as possible. So practice and perfect the technique you use to measure so you always see consistent and repeatable results.

Finally, do not explicitly trust everything you see on the internet/youtube when it comes to processes and methods. Some
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Dial Gauges

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

The long finger dial gauge arrived. Looking at it first impression I don't see why they are so much more expensive than other makes. Except it's the only one I could find with the long finger.
I guess we will find out when get I use it.