New fourth round of covid jabs

Moderator: dromia

knewmans

Re: New fourth round of covid jabs

#41 Post by knewmans »

This is the first time in living memory (for anyone under 100) that the UK has experienced a pandemic like this. SARS and Ebola were somewhere else. We no longer have endemic debilitating infectious diseases in the UK - largely as a result of vaccines and antibiotics. My mum had diptheria, I've known polio victims, people deaf from measles, HIV can be controlled, syphilis and smallpox aren't scourges of society anymore, TB doesn't run rampant through deprived communities. Spanish flu ran riot because the vaccination technology we have now didn't exist - 55 million deaths worldwide. I had vaccinations at school, no one thought twice. Freedom of choice wasn't even raised. The chance not to have these illnesses was grabbed with both hands because the memories were fresh. Younger people have been vaccinated too young to remember.

If you've had 2 jabs what's wrong with a 3rd or 4th to boost and maintain your immunity. It can't be safety concerns because you had the first 2. You're not being compelled. It may save your life, or the life of a loved one, for 30 minutes of your time. Then you can concentrate on changing government. A much better use of your time
lapua338

#42 Post by lapua338 »

A statement by Pfizer (one of the world's most trusted companies) CEO Albert Bourla re: the Omicron variant.

'We know that the two doses of a vaccine offer very limited protection, if any. The three doses with a booster, they offer reasonable protection against hospitalization and deaths. Against deaths, I think very good, and less protection against infection.'

3 or 4 doses (and ad infinitum so-called 'boosters') is a wonderful business model for an inadequate product.

Have the jab(s) if you feel the need or if you are clinically vulnerable and therefore susceptible to an adverse outcome. Maybe when I'm 70+ I may consider vaccination when more is known about the long-term safety of the product.

Dr Clive Dix, the former chairman of the UK’s vaccine taskforce now thinks that ‘mass population-based vaccination’ should end. We should tailor vaccines to the vulnerable rather than jabbing everyone, he says. Moving forward, we ‘need to manage disease, not virus spread’, says Dix. Should we have to isolate at all? Given the mildness of Omicron, maybe not, some experts are saying out loud.

Ultimately, we’re going to have to let people who are positive with Covid go about their normal lives as they would do with the common cold.

Meanwhile, Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University, says Covid is no longer ‘the same disease we were seeing a year ago’. High death rates are ‘now history’, he says.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#43 Post by GeeRam »

knewmans wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 pm This is the first time in living memory (for anyone under 100) that the UK has experienced a pandemic like this. SARS and Ebola were somewhere else. We no longer have endemic debilitating infectious diseases in the UK - largely as a result of vaccines and antibiotics. My mum had diptheria, I've known polio victims, people deaf from measles, HIV can be controlled, syphilis and smallpox aren't scourges of society anymore, TB doesn't run rampant through deprived communities. Spanish flu ran riot because the vaccination technology we have now didn't exist - 55 million deaths worldwide. I had vaccinations at school, no one thought twice. Freedom of choice wasn't even raised. The chance not to have these illnesses was grabbed with both hands because the memories were fresh. Younger people have been vaccinated too young to remember.
Exactly.

I can remember my grandmother's tales of living through the Spanish Flu pandemic......awful stories, that are still vivid to me 30-40 years later.
People forget that lasted 3 years before it had mutated into a less severe form, and we're only just over 2 years into Covid-19.
Hopefully the signs are that it might go the same way as well, and by this time next year, things will be a lot better, and those of us over 50+ will just get a combined flu/covid vaccine every autumn.

Interestingly, regarding the Spanish Flu pandemic, in a world that then relied more on natural immunity built up over the years of living, the Spanish Flu was more dangerous to the young and younger generations, whereas, Covid is the opposite, and is much more dangerous to the older generations. Also, ironically, the one country that suffered the least in the Spanish Flu pandemic was.......China, the country where Covid started teanews
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#44 Post by Blackstuff »

lapua338 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:02 pm A statement by Pfizer (one of the world's most trusted companies) CEO Albert Bourla re: the Omicron variant.

'We know that the two doses of a vaccine offer very limited protection, if any. The three doses with a booster, they offer reasonable protection against hospitalization and deaths. Against deaths, I think very good, and less protection against infection.'

3 or 4 doses (and ad infinitum so-called 'boosters') is a wonderful business model for an inadequate product.

Have the jab(s) if you feel the need or if you are clinically vulnerable and therefore susceptible to an adverse outcome. Maybe when I'm 70+ I may consider vaccination when more is known about the long-term safety of the product.

Dr Clive Dix, the former chairman of the UK’s vaccine taskforce now thinks that ‘mass population-based vaccination’ should end. We should tailor vaccines to the vulnerable rather than jabbing everyone, he says. Moving forward, we ‘need to manage disease, not virus spread’, says Dix. Should we have to isolate at all? Given the mildness of Omicron, maybe not, some experts are saying out loud.

Ultimately, we’re going to have to let people who are positive with Covid go about their normal lives as they would do with the common cold.

Meanwhile, Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University, says Covid is no longer ‘the same disease we were seeing a year ago’. High death rates are ‘now history’, he says.
plus1 :good:

This.

But no no, you don't want a jab cocktail that hasn't had the full length clinical trials, has produced significant side effects in some (some of which are only coming to light 18 months after mass take up) and is for a virus that has a high 90% survival rate? Nah mate, you're definitely an anti-vaxxer, don't believe in gravity and think the jab is made from the exhaust fumes of UFO's. 8-) wallhead
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#45 Post by Christel »

Blackstuff, you forgot the chip....:)
Christel
Site Admin

#46 Post by Christel »

GeeRam wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 pm China, the country where Covid was released from the lab teanews
I fixed it for ya :)
Charlie J

#47 Post by Charlie J »

[quote=lapua338 post_id=427920 time=1642539732 user_id=7

A statement by Pfizer (one of the world's most trusted companies) CEO Albert Bourla re: the Omicron variant.

Do a search " Who paid the largest criminal fine in history "

Still feel the same
Charlie J

#48 Post by Charlie J »

About the above statement in brackets , not your post in general .
Graham M

#49 Post by Graham M »

I really do believe that in a couple of years we will simply be accepting Covid as part of the natural cycle of illnesses that crop up every year, much like Flu. We will hear from the NHS, and the ever antagonistic BBC, that our hospitals are being overwhelmed with people who are occupying all the beds and stopping other sick people from being treated, much the same as we used to hear every year when we had Flu epidemics. The only difference then was that we all took it in our stride and carried on as normal.
I do agree that this Omicron variant is little more than a bad cold and I am sure that a couple of weeks before Christmas both me and the Boss had it. We were both suffering with sore throats and a wheezing chest along with headaches and a general unwell feeling. We just battened down the hatches and stayed locked up for a week and as we felt better began to venture out again. Was it Covid??? who knows but it was the same symptoms as everyone else seemed to have.
As for Pfizer and their code of ethics...................yes it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if they weren't pushing for as many doses of their vaccine to be bought up by world governments as possible.
They MUST be making £££££££££££££Billions
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
artiglio

#50 Post by artiglio »

My view.

Nations with large numbers of overweight unfit people suffered the most

Those vulnerable due to other conditions and or poor immune responses need a vaccine

The ability to produce a vaccine at such short notice should be both applauded and questioned in equal measure.

In the long distant past of my school years a vaccine was based on whole dead viruses , not bits of said virus.( a “proper” vaccine wouldn’t need to be tweaked for each and every minor mutation in the virus)

A bit of sensible thinking would have concentrated efforts on protecting the vulnerable not everyone.

A nation that’s fixated on zero risk needs to look at how it lives in general not just at one virus.

We seem to have learnt that if you throw enough money about it is quite easy to please nearly “all of the people all of the time” which again should be cause for concern, when our elected leaders are throwing everyone elses money/future about.

A positve LFT is probably worth a tidy sum to anyone wanting a week off in the public sector.

Omicron has shown that its little more than the annual “ have you had the bug that’s going around” for the vast majority in the population, as such in any other year it’d have been pretty much unnoticed.