Lock down

Moderator: dromia

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Lock down

#31 Post by GeeRam »

I used to be in a group of WW2 WD bike owners....

I had a 1940 WDM20, one of 5 x WDM20's in the group, along with 2 x Matchless, one a G3 and one a G3L, there was one Royal Enfield, two Norton 16's and one Harley WLC.

We had great fun DR'ing WW2 vehicle convoy's and parade's in the UK and in France back in the 1990's.
Can't believe this photo was taken nearly 25 years ago :squirrel:
Attachments
Biggin Hill Air Day97.jpg
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ralph wrote:The Rudge's were something special Pete I see one in the village now and then, quality.

The Ariel was Built late 1945 as a 1946 model, NG the NG was a pre war design that ended
up during the war as the military WNG mine was built just after the war when they were going back
to civilian work, it seems to be pretty original, frame, engine and gearbox numbers seem right
it should have black painted rims, no chrome just after the war and I am sure someone that knows
all about them will spot other things but next step once we are off the leash is to ride it, it seems
to pull well just up and down the drive.

Bikes of this era do go well when you accept them for what they are. I built my 16H from rusty boes of parts that had belonged to by father in law, in between building a clubmans road rocket. I would race anything in sight on my 16H and happily put the pegs down at every opportunity, I had to reverse the silencer adapter as that was grinding and eventually managed to get the silencer itself down. My son has the bike these days and being an ex Enduro and Super Moto rider has been warned to be nice to it, even if wasn't.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#33 Post by Alpha1 »

Had a long discussion with my Boss. I have agreed to go into work on Monday. It will only be the two of us to discuss how we come out of the lock down. Should be interesting.