Range access

Moderator: dromia

Polchraine

Re: Range access

#21 Post by Polchraine »

Lancs Lad wrote:
If the number of vehicles on the road outside my house over the last couple of days is anything to go by then the lockdown is officially over. I realise that some of these drivers / pax have a perfectly valid reason to be out and about but when the traffic levels actually exceed what you would expect to see on a normal, pre-pandemic day you really have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.
Same here, traffic is maybe 5-10 times what it was last week.

I am having to shield myself so cannot go out without very good reason. Needed to post something last night so waited until around 23:00 and drove to the post box and took the longer route home which also gave the car a short run. Pulled up at traffic lights, right behind a police car! and half expecting their STOP sign to come on and ask me why I was out.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#22 Post by snayperskaya »

Polchraine wrote:
Lancs Lad wrote:
If the number of vehicles on the road outside my house over the last couple of days is anything to go by then the lockdown is officially over. I realise that some of these drivers / pax have a perfectly valid reason to be out and about but when the traffic levels actually exceed what you would expect to see on a normal, pre-pandemic day you really have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.

I am having to shield myself so cannot go out without very good reason. Needed to post something last night so waited until around 23:00 and drove to the post box and took the longer route home which also gave the car a short run. Pulled up at traffic lights, right behind a police car! and half expecting their STOP sign to come on and ask me why I was out.
Don't know where you guys are but in the majority of Telford it is like 28 Days Later!, there is vey little traffic about.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#23 Post by Lancs Lad »

snayperskaya wrote:
Polchraine wrote:
Lancs Lad wrote:

Don't know where you guys are but in the majority of Telford it is like 28 Days Later!, there is vey little traffic about.
No lockdown here in Lancaster. More traffic on the road than ever and no cops either so come on up and put your pedal to the metal. Seems to be the done thing at the moment. ****

:flag13: LL
RDC

#24 Post by RDC »

It's got noticeably busier this week compared to a couple of weeks ago.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#25 Post by Plumose »

The bit of Oxford I am in has massively reduced traffic
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#26 Post by Alpha1 »

Were I live is like a ghost town. All the traffic has disappeared. There are two cars turn up each day with I assume nurses they kit them selves up and go into the house over the road the guy recently had a stroke and then the house next door to them I guess they are at risk or have some sort of condition. Other than that I rarely see any one out and about.
Most of the time I am either in the back garden or in the shed. I am reading a lot and have stocked up on books. I have done just about everything I can work wise working from home. I have a conference call every Thursday with the Company I work for who are looking at ways to get me back in to work along with the team I work with. But that is not going to happen any time soon. I am just grateful that there will be some thing to go back to at the end of all this. There are a lot of people and business that are not so fortunate.
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#27 Post by Bovril »

I had to drive to a hospital yesterday to be swabbed as I've been symptomatic for a few days. The roads were very busy and the streets were as busy, if not busier, than I've seen them throughout this entire episode.
Complacency is kicking in, people are returning to going out without considering if they need to or not.
RDC

#28 Post by RDC »

Bovril wrote:I had to drive to a hospital yesterday to be swabbed as I've been symptomatic for a few days. The roads were very busy and the streets were as busy, if not busier, than I've seen them throughout this entire episode.
Complacency is kicking in, people are returning to going out without considering if they need to or not.
More businesses are finding ways to keep operating, so more traffic is to be expected.

My biggest concern is the smackrats who haven't been social distancing at all throughout all this. We've also now started Ramadan and social distancing has well and truly gone out the window in that part of the community round where I live. I'm forever frustrated with some of my family's lack of care.
jack Mack

#29 Post by jack Mack »

Alpha1 wrote:I was sat here pondering stroking some of my Girls. The Steyr SSG. The Winchester underlever etc. Yes them type of Girls.
Wondering if I would ever get to shoot them again any time this year.
Then it occurred to me I still have access to an outdoor range our Club has an outdoor 30 yard range. To access it you have to walk down a rutted path passing at least two farms.
Cross a field that is normally grazing cows. Go down a very very steep path. And then you are on the range firing point. The range has a stream running through the middle of it.
We have built a bridge over it so you can access the targets. Obviously if you are of a certain age you would not normally want to put yourself through the trauma of even accessing it.
I don,t visit it very often its even a struggle to get a 4x4 down there and back out fortunately the farmer is quite happy to help with his tractor as long as we keep him sweet.
Its a great place in the summer but wicked in the winter.
What if when you got there it was awash with with like minded shooters wanting to give it some.
Would you risk it how would you work out the distancing thing. Bear in mind these Guys have known each other for a lifetime.
Would you go for it or stay locked up.
As shooters, we must demonstrate that we are sensible,competent and indeed realistic individuals. The quicker we do as we're told and stay at home, the quicker we will be able to get back to our sport.
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#30 Post by Mike95 »

Range and club security are a problem..my club does not keep firearms on our range but another club does..if club members do not check security, who will? The range is isolated...

Mike95