Range access

Moderator: dromia

nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

Re: Range access

#11 Post by nigelc »

redcat wrote:If doing without shooting for six months (or more) is the worst thing I have to face for the rest of my life I will be very happy.

Redcat
+1 gunlike
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote:Where have you been for the past month?

In the current situation, as has already been said, just visiting that site, never mind using it, would surely be a clear breach of common sense as well as the government's oft repeated lock down instructions!

Why on earth you would for even a moment consider it, never mind ask about it on here is completely beyond any responsible, intelligent reason.
Were have I been for the last month. Mostly in my Shed. I completed a commission for a lady in the Lake district. I completed a commission of 10 items for a local registered firearms dealer. I completed a commission for two items for a good friend in Australia. I did some stuff for the blind veterans association.
I have had regular conference calls with the Main Company I do work for who are desperate to get me back to work. I have told them I will stay in lock down for at least two months before I will even consider it.
I am in touch with the rest of the Committee in regard to our indoor range that is ten minutes from my house. I am in regular contact with them on whats app about what is going on with the 30 yard out door range. I am in contact with the NRA. With Landmarc. Durham and Cleveland Licencing.The training division at Catterick garrison who are keeping me up to date with range availability.
Other than that I am bored out of my skull. I may yet visit the outdoor range it depends on the feed back from the rest of the committee then again I may not.
To day I swapped chucks on the lathes because I have a load of other stuff to do. I am loving being locked down at home.

I am very very fortunate Adam I feel for the guys who are suffering financially I feel for the guys who are loosing there income and jobs. All the people who work with me have been put on furlough and we are making there salary up to 100%.
So if I ramble on when I am bored and make posts you don,t think appropriate tuff.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

GeeRam wrote:
redcat wrote:If doing without shooting for six months (or more) is the worst thing I have to face for the rest of my life I will be very happy.

Redcat
Indeed.

I've already lost 3 friends to this virus in the past 4 weeks, and I know of someone that has lost both parents to it within the space of 4 days :cry:

And having now lost my job and not much chance of getting another one for some time, there's a real possibility that I may have to contemplate not renewing my FAC at the end of this year due to a massive belt tightening exercise.....or at least reducing down to just a single vintage mil surp rifle, as well as keeping the SGC perhaps.
So sorry to hear you have lost your job I can not begin to imagine how bad that can be.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

Alpha1 wrote:I may yet visit the outdoor range it depends on the feed back from the rest of the committee then again I may not.
it is not essential travel - it is social / leisure at best. DO NOT DO IT!

if the Police did stop you, I think they would be perfectly right to go down a fine route if they do indeed have the powers to issue atm, as it is not needed. I NEED to go to work, my worksite is still running, and they are caling themselves an essential business. if I could be at home, I would. as you say, the acces to the site is dangerous, why risk hurting yourself?
you need to pass through farmers land, why expose yourself and them to risk through contamination on gates etc. you don't know their health issues / or if carrying the virus, and they don't know yours!

I really wish I could go out shooting, I don't even have an air rifle, but I'm not even going to order one (as there are shops offering them for sale with ID verification on delivery) but why would I put the delivery driver at risk for non essential items?
I want to post a rifle off to have some RFD work done to it, but that is also going to wait, even if I knew of places open, I'm not going to take it to them to be posted.

stay at home, in the shed, keeping busy - safely!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#15 Post by Lancs Lad »

Bovril wrote:Lots of people (including members of my own family) are beginning to see these restrictions as something to get around. Such as the mother in law asking me to pop round to collect some bedding. When I told her no because it wasn't essential she said I could say I was checking on the welfare of older relatives if the police pulled me.
Again I refused. The restrictions are there for a reason, not solely to annoy people.
+1

If the number of vehicles on the road outside my house over the last couple of days is anything to go by then the lockdown is officially over. I realise that some of these drivers / pax have a perfectly valid reason to be out and about but when the traffic levels actually exceed what you would expect to see on a normal, pre-pandemic day you really have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.
It seems to me that we could be putting these furloughed police speed camera vans to good use here by clocking EVERY vehicle on the road and asking the registered owner why they were out. Bearing in mind that the process is all computerised anyway it shouldn't take too much tweaking to make it happen.
In addition (and as you would expect), the boy racer mob are out with their pathetic 70BHP vehicles fitted with massive, back-firing exhaust pipes which are driven around in second and third gear to generate the required level of street creed (annoyance). Where are the police during all this? I haven't seen a copper in a couple of weeks.

:flag13: LL
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Alpha1 wrote:
dromia wrote:Where have you been for the past month?

In the current situation, as has already been said, just visiting that site, never mind using it, would surely be a clear breach of common sense as well as the government's oft repeated lock down instructions!

Why on earth you would for even a moment consider it, never mind ask about it on here is completely beyond any responsible, intelligent reason.
Were have I been for the last month. Mostly in my Shed. I completed a commission for a lady in the Lake district. I completed a commission of 10 items for a local registered firearms dealer. I completed a commission for two items for a good friend in Australia. I did some stuff for the blind veterans association.
I have had regular conference calls with the Main Company I do work for who are desperate to get me back to work. I have told them I will stay in lock down for at least two months before I will even consider it.
I am in touch with the rest of the Committee in regard to our indoor range that is ten minutes from my house. I am in regular contact with them on whats app about what is going on with the 30 yard out door range. I am in contact with the NRA. With Landmarc. Durham and Cleveland Licencing.The training division at Catterick garrison who are keeping me up to date with range availability.
Other than that I am bored out of my skull. I may yet visit the outdoor range it depends on the feed back from the rest of the committee then again I may not.
To day I swapped chucks on the lathes because I have a load of other stuff to do. I am loving being locked down at home.

I am very very fortunate Adam I feel for the guys who are suffering financially I feel for the guys who are loosing there income and jobs. All the people who work with me have been put on furlough and we are making there salary up to 100%.
So if I ramble on when I am bored and make posts you don,t think appropriate tuff.
I think what Dromia meant by "where have you been for the past month" was a way of saying are you not aware of what is going on, in view of your going to the range question, and what we have all been told we have to do to get through this......not literally "where have you been"!.

And it's "tough", not "tuff" :p
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

Lancs Lad wrote:
Bovril wrote:Lots of people (including members of my own family) are beginning to see these restrictions as something to get around. Such as the mother in law asking me to pop round to collect some bedding. When I told her no because it wasn't essential she said I could say I was checking on the welfare of older relatives if the police pulled me.
Again I refused. The restrictions are there for a reason, not solely to annoy people.
+1

If the number of vehicles on the road outside my house over the last couple of days is anything to go by then the lockdown is officially over. I realise that some of these drivers / pax have a perfectly valid reason to be out and about but when the traffic levels actually exceed what you would expect to see on a normal, pre-pandemic day you really have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.
It seems to me that we could be putting these furloughed police speed camera vans to good use here by clocking EVERY vehicle on the road and asking the registered owner why they were out. Bearing in mind that the process is all computerised anyway it shouldn't take too much tweaking to make it happen.
In addition (and as you would expect), the boy racer mob are out with their pathetic 70BHP vehicles fitted with massive, back-firing exhaust pipes which are driven around in second and third gear to generate the required level of street creed (annoyance). Where are the police during all this? I haven't seen a copper in a couple of weeks.

Spot on.

I said that to Ovenpaa yesterday, a lot of traffic outside, seemed more than normal however that could be because it has been quiet for awhile that even two cars sound like a lot of traffic.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#18 Post by GeeRam »

Lancs Lad wrote:In addition (and as you would expect), the boy racer mob are out with their pathetic 70BHP vehicles fitted with massive, back-firing exhaust pipes which are driven around in second and third gear to generate the required level of street creed (annoyance).
I suspect you mean the idiots with 'pop n bang' maps fitted to their shopping trolleys....

This isn't an exhaust mod, its actually even more idiotic than that, its actually a reprogrammed engine ECU file, that creates the 'gunfire' noise, by massively retarding the ignition timing when lifting off the throttle..... kukkuk
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

GeeRam wrote:
Lancs Lad wrote:In addition (and as you would expect), the boy racer mob are out with their pathetic 70BHP vehicles fitted with massive, back-firing exhaust pipes which are driven around in second and third gear to generate the required level of street creed (annoyance).
I suspect you mean the idiots with 'pop n bang' maps fitted to their shopping trolleys....

This isn't an exhaust mod, its actually even more idiotic than that, its actually a reprogrammed engine ECU file, that creates the 'gunfire' noise, by massively retarding the ignition timing when lifting off the throttle..... kukkuk
Spot on there, it is an ecu mod, and here is a link to a company that offers this type of muppetry!

https://www.ziptuning.com/tuning-file/pop-bang/

My last performance car was a tuned Nissan FairladyZ/Z32, a JDM-spec 300ZX twin-turbo, which made 500bhp at the rear wheels and it didn't make that noise when decelerating and I'd have been horrified if it had!!!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Lancs Lad wrote: If the number of vehicles on the road outside my house over the last couple of days is anything to go by then the lockdown is officially over. I realise that some of these drivers / pax have a perfectly valid reason to be out and about but when the traffic levels actually exceed what you would expect to see on a normal, pre-pandemic day you really have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.

Question

Answer? lol
DVC