Life Before and After C19

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Life Before and After C19

#11 Post by DaveB »

My biggest worry here in New Zealand is the upcoming September election. Before all this, we had a better than average chance of being able to get rid of 'Taxinda' Adern and her unholy Labour-Greens cabal. Now all the media and world leaders and even the opposition are so fulsome in their praise of how she handled the virus that I am very much afraid that she will ride that into a second term and with an increased mandate.

There were some pretty Draconian gun control proposals on the table, which would for example introduce so much reporting and bureaucracy into running a range that most shooting clubs - which after all are run by volunteers - would simply close. Even her third coalition partner was not going to vote for this. If she gets in again, those proposals will no doubt get through and shooters will be screwed.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#12 Post by Dellboy »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:I don't think a normal way of life will be back in our lifetimes. You can almost guarantee that once all is said and done there will be a "corona-tax" introduced in order to pay off the vast debt the country is incurring to pay our way through this. That debt must be hundreds of billions of pounds and we will be paying that off for the rest of our lives.
Yes and people are going to moan like crazy about it as well. So easy to forget what so many have done under horrendous conditions until you have to pay for it and at that point people will ask if it was necessary.

Rishi Sunak said the other day that the nations health comes first, I would like to agree with him.

lets hope we all have the chance to moan about it some (including two i know ) wont have the chance ..
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Chuck

#13 Post by Chuck »

And here we have it - covid is a convenient excuse to put this nonsense back out there:

Hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic, Spain is the first European country to lay the foundation for universal income. The health crisis has also reopened the debate about a living wage or unconditional living allowance in France and elsewhere.
https://www.france24.com/en/20200419-in ... are-debate

This of course FAILED in Sweden (where else). ANd the MONEY comes from WHERE?

This is also a quick way to enforce a CASHLESS society god forbid!

It is time to add a new element to the policy packages that governments are introducing, one we know but have abandoned: Universal Basic Income (UBI). It is needed as part of the package that will help us to get out of this yawning pit.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/ ... nequality/

Pope Francis says it might be 'time to consider a universal basic wage' in Easter letter
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/ ... ter-letter
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

I am just waiting for the law suits, the identity politics to rear its ugly head again and of course the shameless childish bickering from the Labour party to start again.
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#15 Post by CraigH »

Pete wrote:My next one's a Tesla............if they ditch the touchscreen in favour of knobs that can be operated without taking the eyes off the road............

Pete

I hope they don't, I work for a company that manufactures touchscreens....
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by Pete »

Chinese company? I thought they were supposed to have a monopoly on all things technological............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#17 Post by snayperskaya »

Quite an interesting article regarding governments response to Covid-19......

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/487094-governm ... lock-down/
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

snayperskaya wrote:Quite an interesting article regarding governments response to Covid-19......

Load of "insert whichever expletives" you want.

There is a plan and the UK Government is following it, one could reflect on the numbers of imbeciles who has been out in society not abiding by the rules, spitting at other people, these imbeciles have very likely by now blood on their hands.

Sweden, don't even get me started, my relatives in Denmark are horrified at the treatment their neighbours have been exposed to.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

Christel wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Quite an interesting article regarding governments response to Covid-19......

Load of "insert whichever expletives" you want.

There is a plan and the UK Government is following it, one could reflect on the numbers of imbeciles who has been out in society not abiding by the rules, spitting at other people, these imbeciles have very likely by now blood on their hands.

Sweden, don't even get me started, my relatives in Denmark are horrified at the treatment their neighbours have been exposed to.
So what is the plan other than keep everyone on lockdown?.If there is a plan why is the NHS short of PPE and why wasn't something done in January when Covid-19 was already in the country?.

The Government know about Covid-19 at the beginning of the year but it took until mid-March to do anything......

Not looking to argue, I'm just asking :)
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#20 Post by Pete »

Full marks for your confidence in our govt, Christel............there's a rapidly growing number of people who don't share it.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....