Test, Track and Trace.

Moderator: dromia

Test, Track and Trace. Who will downloadand use the ap?

I will not download and use the ap.
74%
I will download and use the ap.
26%

Total votes: 34

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Test, Track and Trace.

#31 Post by dromia »

I managed very well before the internet came a long and I am still managing very well after the internet came in by hardly using it and only then when I am at home.

Believe it or not I was an early internet adopter being online since 1992. I was enthused by the whole concept, it was interesting, stimulating and radical and I embraced it wholeheartedly, however it wasn't too long before it became monetised and was just a tool for advertising and profit. Then along came arse book and it ilk and this drove internet content in a race to the bottom.

So there is very little on the netty that now holds any value for me, the development of mobile phones and the cynically addictive apps and content make it a dangerously habit forming, dopamine hit seeking activity. Mobile phone use and social media are the new tobacco.

Regardless of all the paranoia about data collection I simply see no reason why I should give cosmic arseholes like zuckerberg free data capital for no benefit to me.

What is dangerous is the dependency of the mobile phone/internet for all our daily needs now, this sole dependency on this corrupt tool for all our transactions, commercial and social is folly indeed and personally I will have none of it.

I came into this world without using the internet and I fully intend to leave this world not using the internet.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

Well, I would find it hard not to have it now.........it let's me do stuff in a fraction of the time it took before the 90's.
For example, I recently sourced and did a deal on a differential for my 30 year old car in minutes, (and it arrived the next day...), instead of having to ring every breakers yard in the land.
And for small numbers of odd nuts and bolts, or a piece of sheet metal, tube, or wire, ebay can't be beaten..........
But "social media"?.......a money-making concept designed by clever people to fleece idiots who really need to get a life.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#33 Post by dromia »

Our time is finite no matter how quick things may be we won't live a second longer, it is how you live not just what you do that counts.

It has been very easy for me to reduce my internet use without any inconvenience, it is just my life is now different and the internet is no loss maybe because I have had more years without it than with it that makes letting go of it so easy.

My world may seem smaller but it is far fuller.

I have nothing but pity for all the people who know nothing else.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#34 Post by TattooedGun »

dromia wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:18 am I managed very well before the internet came a long and I am still managing very well after the internet came in by hardly using it and only then when I am at home.

Believe it or not I was an early internet adopter being online since 1992. I was enthused by the whole concept, it was interesting, stimulating and radical and I embraced it wholeheartedly, however it wasn't too long before it became monetised and was just a tool for advertising and profit. Then along came arse book and it ilk and this drove internet content in a race to the bottom.

So there is very little on the netty that now holds any value for me, the development of mobile phones and the cynically addictive apps and content make it a dangerously habit forming, dopamine hit seeking activity. Mobile phone use and social media are the new tobacco.

Regardless of all the paranoia about data collection I simply see no reason why I should give cosmic arseholes like zuckerberg free data capital for no benefit to me.

What is dangerous is the dependency of the mobile phone/internet for all our daily needs now, this sole dependency on this corrupt tool for all our transactions, commercial and social is folly indeed and personally I will have none of it.

I came into this world without using the internet and I fully intend to leave this world not using the internet.
Oh the irony...!

Posts that apps and content make a habit forming, dopamine seeking activity, on one of the largest shooting online social networks (forum) in the country, with top 3 highest post count...

One would argue that you do, indeed, use the internet, D.

lol
dromia
Site Admin

#35 Post by dromia »

Wrong yet again, read and understand what I said in stead of just making things up.

Your post is a classic example of much of what is wrong with the internet, many of the people using it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#36 Post by channel12 »

I came into this world with King George the sixth on the throne and I fully intend to leave this world with King George* the seventh on it.

* I believe Charles will take the throne using one of his other given names, his full name is Charles Philip Arthur George.
Polchraine

#37 Post by Polchraine »

channel12 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:56 am
I came into this world with King George the sixth on the throne and I fully intend to leave this world with King George* the seventh on it.

* I believe Charles will take the throne using one of his other given names, his full name is Charles Philip Arthur George.
I have a feeling that he may not reign for too long ... QEII has a few years to go, but possibly not many, so how long will Charles, to be known as ?????? reign for?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#38 Post by channel12 »

Polchraine wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:30 pm
channel12 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:56 am

I have a feeling that he may not reign for too long ... QEII has a few years to go, but possibly not many, so how long will Charles, to be known as ?????? reign for?
I am several years older than Prince Charles so there is a reasonable chance I will predecease him. If it's the other way round I still die with a King on the throne.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#39 Post by TattooedGun »

dromia wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:54 am Wrong yet again, read and understand what I said in stead of just making things up.

Your post is a classic example of much of what is wrong with the internet, many of the people using it.
Refering to a specific use of "the internet" as "the internet" is what was wrong here. I just pointed it out. Much to your dismay. I understood just fine and was pointing out your double standards. I made nothing up, in fact, I quoted your post and highlighted sentences verbatim. wallhead
dromia
Site Admin

#40 Post by dromia »

Semantic twisting and turning just to have pop.

Your opinions are of no value to me, but your persistent wish to do nothing for the forum except have a go and finding fault at whatever does nothing to improve your character on here.

As always if you don't like it here then there are other forums where you can take your pettiness.

Thread now locked as I have wasted enough time on your slavver.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!