Test, Track and Trace.

Moderator: dromia

Test, Track and Trace. Who will downloadand use the ap?

I will not download and use the ap.
74%
I will download and use the ap.
26%

Total votes: 34

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Test, Track and Trace.

#1 Post by dromia »

Who will download and use the government's ap if it is successful and becomes available?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Test, Track and Trace.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes I will, further I will support a UK produced app over anything global or European or anything else.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

One of the governments talking heads was on the BBC news this morning trying to exlain how this would all work.

Unfortunately, the more he said, the deeper he dug. Would I consider using it? No.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

You can always remove the app, plus you get to see if anyone you know has tested positive. If it allows an effective track and test to be put in place that saves lives I am all for it. Also, it is probably going to get better results than a tin foil hat.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
SeaMonkey

#5 Post by SeaMonkey »

Ovenpaa wrote:You can always remove the app, plus you get to see if anyone you know has tested positive. If it allows an effective track and test to be put in place that saves lives I am all for it. Also, it is probably going to get better results than a tin foil hat.

Very well said indeed :good:
DL.

#6 Post by DL. »

I live in a rural location and haven't been within 2m of anyone apart from my wife since the 23rd of March.

I'm pretty sure I'm no use for what the government, no sorry "the NHS" is trying to achieve.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

Ovenpaa wrote:Yes I will, further I will support a UK produced app over anything global or European or anything else.
https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/news/legal- ... published/
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#8 Post by strangesam »

So the UK app, probably breaks privacy legislation, can be easily* de-anonymised, the data is owned by cumming's cronies. And to top it all it probably won't actually work, as neither Apple or Google will allow background access to the bluetooth functionality/location access as the lack of privacy is too intrusive. This means it will only work when in the foreground of an unlocked phone, and it requires everyone surrounding you to have it in the foreground too. Also meaning it will knacker your battery.

There are videos of the Austrialian version (similar to UK on) failing to find phones that are side by side because the app is not in the foregound.

The Apple/Google version, has the following advantages, the data is better anonymised. It works by generating a random number weekly, which is recorded locally by any other phones which you come close too. If you are diagnosed, you tell the app, which then sends your number to a website. Your app then checks this website regularly, if it finds a number on the website which it has sensed and recorded it notifies you of the contact.

I won't bother installing the UK app, both because of privacy concerns and because the thing won't work without the approval of Apple/Google.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/0 ... virus_app/
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

I'll stick my neck out and say that if the government really wanted to track and monitor your whereabouts and movements by your mobile for nefarious "Big Brother" type reasons they could do it regardless of whether this app is installed or not
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#10 Post by kennyc »

snayperskaya wrote:I'll stick my neck out and say that if the government really wanted to track and monitor your whereabouts and movements by your mobile for nefarious "Big Brother" type reasons they could do it regardless of whether this app is installed or not
quite possibly, but is this app workable ? "its UK made" is a pretty poor substitute for actually having something that works, the NHS and UK Gov don't have a shining record with IT nor for the "unintended consequences" of legislation they have rushed through (this is non party political, they have all been guilty of it over the years )