Test, Track and Trace 2.

Moderator: dromia

apple/google test, trace and track ap.

I would not download and use the apple/google test, trace and track ap.
69%
I would download and use the apple/google test, trace and track ap.
31%

Total votes: 26

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Test, Track and Trace 2.

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

My nephew, his partner and 18 month old daughter have all had it. She is now back and running a C19 ward in Scotland. People die there every single day. As stuarta says, please use the app if you can, forget about politics or point scoring, this is one way that we can all help and I really do not give a toss who knows where I am if it has the potential to save even a single persons life.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#12 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

I am of the opinion that my government is my enemy even thought they are always truthful, answer all questions in good faith, serve the country as a whole and exhibit the morals, honesty and integrity of people who deserve my vote.
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

#13 Post by stuarta »

If you really mean what you say about the government being your enemy I can only assume you have have never faced a real one.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#14 Post by Plumose »

One based on the Google/Apple provided API would be secure enough for me to use, especially if it was open sourced and the code examined by enough people.

It only stores data on your device, basically just the bluetooth identifier of of other devices you have been near.

This is why it is compatible with current UK (and EU) law, and why the surveillance from it is is minimal.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#15 Post by strangesam »

Ovenpaa wrote:My nephew, his partner and 18 month old daughter have all had it. She is now back and running a C19 ward in Scotland. People die there every single day. As stuarta says, please use the app if you can, forget about politics or point scoring, this is one way that we can all help and I really do not give a toss who knows where I am if it has the potential to save even a single persons life.
I am happy to install one which maintains my privacy and works, as one based on the google/apple API would. The current issue is that the current proposed uk gov. version, won't physically work (it needs to be open, in the foreground, ie the app on the screen of your phone, with the screen on and unlocked to function. Ie its pointless..) The number of people I meet with my phone in such a state is minimal. Even if I did keep it open all the time, with my phone unlocked, it would flatten the battery in a matter of hours.

to my mind there is no purpose loosing a chunk of my privacy for no benefit. The UK app as it stands won't help protect me or others.
lapua338

#16 Post by lapua338 »

No thanks.

I'm not interested in a so-called 'smart' phone for personal use.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#17 Post by Lancs Lad »

Any system adopted will rely on the good will and personal discipline of the person using it. If the sheer amount of ' I'm all right Jack' attitude that I personally have witnessed is anything to go by during this so-called lockdown, then I would prefer to maintain as much separation from other persons as I can and maintain good hygiene practices rather than depend on other people and a piece of electronic gadgetry ... at least until the R figure is consistently being maintained below 1.

If this situation that we find ourselves in has highlighted one thing, it's that there is a certain element of the population that cannot be trusted to comply with any measures designed to protect us and of course, COVID-19 stands ready to exploit every opportunity that presents itself via their shoddy behaviour.
In the meantime, use the app if you will but ... keep your distance and wash those hands frequently. We all know the drill by now.

Stay well and stay safe :good:

:flag13: LL
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#18 Post by channel12 »

Google maps already tracks me via my phone but according to my timeline it locates my home at least four house away down the street and has missed several short trips to my corner shop. Mobile phone location is based on cell size and in rural areas accuracy is not as precise as urban areas. I know the track and trace app is Bluetooth based and there is a question of the reception range, that is, was the covid carrier 6 feet or 20 twenty feet away or even in another room or car.
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#19 Post by stottycake »

Ovenpaa wrote:My nephew, his partner and 18 month old daughter have all had it. She is now back and running a C19 ward in Scotland. People die there every single day. As stuarta says, please use the app if you can, forget about politics or point scoring, this is one way that we can all help and I really do not give a toss who knows where I am if it has the potential to save even a single persons life.
This,
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#20 Post by Plumose »

channel12 wrote:Google maps already tracks me via my phone but according to my timeline it locates my home at least four house away down the street and has missed several short trips to my corner shop. Mobile phone location is based on cell size and in rural areas accuracy is not as precise as urban areas. I know the track and trace app is Bluetooth based and there is a question of the reception range, that is, was the covid carrier 6 feet or 20 twenty feet away or even in another room or car.
The phone location is based on multiple things depending on what radio receivers you have turned on.

If you have allowed it full location services will use the satellite receiver (GPS, Glosnas etc.), if that it is disabled it will try and use WiFi and Bluetooth, and finally it will use the cell towers for location.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net