Boris Johnson's address to the nation.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Boris Johnson's address to the nation.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I know its not shooting related but I am just interested to know what your reactions are to his proposals.
I was furloughed from day one and have spent six weeks at home bored out of my skull. But I have stuck to the rules.
What do you guys think is it time to be going back to work as he got it right or his he jumping the gun.
RDC

Re: Boris Johnson's address to the nation.

#2 Post by RDC »

It's a balancing act that no matter what they do, people will kick off and complain. I'd hate to be in government right now, all decisions will have negative consequences and it will weigh heavily on those who have to make those decisions.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#3 Post by Lancs Lad »

RDC wrote:It's a balancing act that no matter what they do, people will kick off and complain. I'd hate to be in government right now, all decisions will have negative consequences and it will weigh heavily on those who have to make those decisions.

A balancing act indeed.

:flag13: LL
Tacticool
Home club or Range: EMMR

#4 Post by Tacticool »

What I want to know is, can I go clay pigeon shooting?

He said you can do unlimited exercise and play sport outdoors (on your own), with people in your own household or one person from outside your household so long as you keep your 2m (I got that last statement from the Guardian).

But the list of sports is fishing, golf, tennis and bizarrely swimming in the river. Do we think they just forgot it from the list or is the list all that is allowed?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

Why do they have to have a "slogan"?? And what does it actually mean? Be alert to something that's only visible through an SEM? kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
Why not simply say keep 2 metres away from people you don't live with, wash your hands before leaving the house and immediately after returning, or you may die, and let everyone get on with it.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Tacticool wrote:What I want to know is, can I go clay pigeon shooting?

He said you can do unlimited exercise and play sport outdoors (on your own), with people in your own household or one person from outside your household so long as you keep your 2m (I got that last statement from the Guardian).

But the list of sports is fishing, golf, tennis and bizarrely swimming in the river. Do we think they just forgot it from the list or is the list all that is allowed?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Is that essential travel?

Will the place be open?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

'Essential' has now been dropped. As far as i'm concerned you could go clay shooting if the place is open and you stay 2m away from anyone not in your household, but I ain't paying the fine if your local police think differently! :D

Christel/Overpaa - Interestingly NCB have just posted they're planning on opening once they get the ok from Lincs licensing team
DVC
DL.

#8 Post by DL. »

I've been getting emails from a clay pigeon shooting ground on permasend about their plans to reopen.

I'm sure I haven't been there in the last ten years and had forgotten I had ever given them my email address!

I've opted out of their distribution list, it's too soon for my tastes.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote:Christel/Overpaa - Interestingly NCB have just posted they're planning on opening once they get the ok from Lincs licensing team
We were literally just talking about this. Martin has been quite anti the lock-down and has always maintained that with common sense people could start getting back to normality. The problem is people, for the most, lack common sense :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

If gyms are to remain shut then I struggle to see how a club can open.

If NBC is to open now then it hopefully will be without access to the club house...I for one am not going in there.