How hypocritical can people be!!!???

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: How hypocritical can people be!!!???

#21 Post by Pete »

Here's another example:

20% of staff at a newspaper publisher have been furloughed, with the gov. (or rather, taxpayer) paying 80% of their wages
The company has announced an operating profit margin of 21.8% to shareholders this month..................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

I know someone who was recently laid off as a contractor. The customer told him not to worry as the primary he was contracted to would be paid as they did not want to let go of the people with his sort of security clearance. This was in March, so he waited a few days and asked what his payment terms would be and was told he would not be paid as the primary had overheads they needed to cover.

Is that a polite way of saying feck orf, we are keeping the money... He has now found another contact and tells me he would sooner drill holes in his feet than work for that primary ever again.

A lot of people seem to be making a lot of money out of this pandemic.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#23 Post by dromia »

Bungling boris the buffoon just keeps digging and sticking two fingers up to the British public.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well he has well and truly fumbled the ball over this Cummings affair. It makes me wonder what he has over Johnson because Cummings should be history by now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#25 Post by dromia »

Followed by boris the buffoon.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

Maybe, who do you replace him with though, or do we just call it a day and go for an uprising?
/d

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin

#27 Post by dromia »

Well the best of the bad bunch for this crisis would be Hunt.

His musings on his governments blundering through this crisis have had a certain resonance and he seems to have the gravitas and respect necessary for this situation.

He is an ex tory health minister and as such has done the NHS no favours but at least for the time being the NHS is in favour with them.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#28 Post by channel12 »

Cummings represents everything the leftist anti-brexit mob hate so it's a well orchestrated witch hunt to destroy him.

Other than that I haven't seen much evidence of alternative strategies to ending the lock down from Labour or other opposition political parties. We have had a anti-lock down demonstration led by Piers Corbyn (very under reported in the MSM) and teachers demanding schools remain closed because "safety" while still getting their full pay.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

Personally I am to busy getting on with my life to be even concerned about all this pap.
I went back into work last Monday and the whole of my time is now taking up with how to get my Guys/Girls back to work and creating a safe working environment for them to work in and have all the PPE they need to keep them safe.
That is my only priority and like I said I don't give flying fook what it says in the papes or TV.

My team members have been at home now for 7 weeks receiving 100% of there wages we will continue to pay them 100% as long as it takes because we value our employees.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#30 Post by Lancs Lad »

channel12 wrote:Cummings represents everything the leftist anti-brexit mob hate so it's a well orchestrated witch hunt to destroy him.

Other than that I haven't seen much evidence of alternative strategies to ending the lock down from Labour or other opposition political parties. We have had a anti-lock down demonstration led by Piers Corbyn (very under reported in the MSM) and teachers demanding schools remain closed because "safety" while still getting their full pay.
Exactly!

Wouldn't it be nice if we all just pulled together and got on with it instead of the now standard, political point scoring? The moral compass of some people (and I'm not just talking about politicians / the media etc) is so f*cked up these days that I'm surprised they know what planet they are on ... never mind in which direction they are heading. TBH, I'm absolutely fed up with it and I'm certain I'm not alone in that respect. Everyone needs to take a long, hard and honest look at themselves in the mirror and consider how other people perceive us and just remember, it's their view that counts and not ours. All of us could do with some improvement and if we think we don't ... then we have just confirmed what I have stated here.

:flag13: LL