How hypocritical can people be!!!???

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: How hypocritical can people be!!!???

#31 Post by dromia »

Sound advice, shame the likes of cummings and boris take no heed of it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

Wise words Lancs Lad. When did we last heat someone say 'How can I help' Instead it is all points scoring and vying for the high ground, be it strategic or moral.

What a crap world we live in right now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dave_303

#33 Post by dave_303 »

channel12 wrote: and teachers demanding schools remain closed because "safety" while still getting their full pay.
Because we are still working full-time, just from home, or on rotation in schools for vulnerable pupils or those whose parents are key workers.

The government guidance to reopen schools is nothing more than an attempt to get people back to work by providing rudimentary child care in buildings that people are unable to socially distance in. In addition to the fact that the schools are one of the worst places for infections to spread, so this isn't just a school thing, it's a wider community issue.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#34 Post by Plumose »

Came to say the same as dave_303 (I am not a teacher, just related to and friends with several).
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#35 Post by Geek »

dromia wrote:Sound advice, shame the likes of cummings and boris take no heed of it.
And what have Labour (or indeed the other political parties) offered as a solution or any assistance at all? all they do is criticise but offer no real input.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12739 ... dge-latest
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#36 Post by dromia »

Labour are not the party in power, my views are about the current government. Labour lost the recent election so it isn't an either or. The "my gang is better than your gang" attitude is an irrelevance and just a partisan attempt to deflect criticism from those currently in power. This discussion about the current governments incompetence, hypocrisy and arrogance. If labour were making the same balls up of this crisis then my criticism would be no less. When you fly with the crows you must expect to be shot!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#37 Post by Geek »

dromia wrote:Labour are not the party in power, my views are about the current government. Labour lost the recent election so it isn't an either or. The "my gang is better than your gang" attitude is an irrelevance and just a partisan attempt to deflect criticism from those currently in power. This discussion about the current governments incompetence, hypocrisy and arrogance. If labour were making the same balls up of this crisis then my criticism would be no less. When you fly with the crows you must expect to be shot!

We will have to disagree. Surely, it would be in everyone's interest to work together, irrespective of which party is in power. Just easier for Labour to criticise but offer no solution.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
dromia
Site Admin

#38 Post by dromia »

I agree that co-operation is best but when the government has been so drastically loosing its way on this crisis then they shouldn't be allowed to continue their incompetence unchallenged. If I was in politics I wouldn't want to be party to the current debacle and the government needs to be moved to getting their grip on the situation back, it is the loyal oppositions duty to push for this.

British institutional politics is wholly confrontational in nature and unfortunately that is how it works, co-operation will only work when there is agreement about what and how things need to be done and that needs give and take on both sides.

Governments that won't accept challenge and criticism are called totalitarian. It is incumbent on the government to build agreement and consensus to help work through this pandemic and their arrogance and failure to answer legitimate questions as we see on every briefing and their almost backing of a totally unrepentant cummings just sabotages and devalues the whole countries effort to tackle covid-19. A little bit of humility and inclusivity would go long way.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#39 Post by Pete »

They're not going to let cummings go..............this afternoon on the radio, they interviewed a couple of politicians (or pundits) who were howling for his blood yesterday, but after hearing him opening his heart to the country this afternoon, they now concede that "perhaps he had a point"................and even the Durham police have allegedly changed their account of what happened.
At first it was both him and his wife had symptoms, then just her..............they sound like they made it up as they went.
The point is, he broke the rules, and there are no mitigating circumstances that couldn't have been addressed without his trip (or two) north.
It's not as though he's too hard up to pay for his sprog to be looked after if necessary, is it?
As the science advisers said, between them, bozo and cummings are treating the proles with contempt, and seriously endangering any future attempts to keep on top of this nightmare.
A sizeable chunk of Joe Public is already saying "bollox to lockdown", and now it will most likely get even worse.
And what will happen when the money stops, and there are potentially 6 million unemployed unable to feed themselves or pay their rent/mortgages?

Interesting times, indeed.........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#40 Post by Lancs Lad »

[quote="Pete"]They're not going to let cummings go..............this afternoon on the radio, they interviewed a couple of politicians (or pundits) who were howling for his blood yesterday, but after hearing him opening his heart to the country this afternoon, they now concede that "perhaps he had a point"................and even the Durham police have allegedly changed their account of what happened.
At first it was both him and his wife had symptoms, then just her..............they sound like they made it up as they went.
The point is, he broke the rules, and there are no mitigating circumstances that couldn't have been addressed without his trip (or two) north.
It's not as though he's too hard up to pay for his sprog to be looked after if necessary, is it?
As the science advisers said, between them, bozo and cummings are treating the proles with contempt, and seriously endangering any future attempts to keep on top of this nightmare.
A sizeable chunk of Joe Public is already saying "bollox to lockdown", and now it will most likely get even worse.
And what will happen when the money stops, and there are potentially 6 million unemployed unable to feed themselves or pay their rent/mortgages?

Interesting times, indeed.........

If Cummings had been the first person to break the lockdown then I'd be inclined to agree with you ... but he wasn't and not by a long shot. The only reason the rabid media is howling for his dismissal is because of the kicking they've had to endure more or less at his hands. That's pretty natural I expect, especially nowadays ... but it doesn't make it right! The other high-profile offenders haven't had anywhere near the level of false 'outrage' that's been directed at this guy and that alone just reeks of bias. Not that any of the accusers would recognise their part in the said bias because its now become the norm. Thankfully, most people with a lick of common sense understand this and wouldn't p*ss on a 'journalist' if they saw him / her burning on the side of the road. This is where we have come to!
Incidentally, I don't know where you are but where I live a sizeable chunk of the population have been saying 'bollox to lockdown' since day one and I don't believe that the actions of any of the high-profile lockdown breakers has caused a shift in non-compliance with the lockdown requirements. As you rightly say though, I can see the public getting fed up with it and gradually going out and about on their normal business. How that eventually works out remains to be seen ....

:flag13: LL