Face Masks ?

Moderator: dromia

Ncb2734
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Spires rifle and pistol - Classic and Historic - NRA

Re: Face Masks ?

#11 Post by Ncb2734 »

Bovril - Fingers crossed for you and thank-you for putting yourself in harms way to save and help others
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Sandgroper »

Christel wrote: Only protection for yourself is Level 3 or N95 masks which is what all front-line and NHS workers are wearing, it is pretty much impossible to buy these at the moment.
I had to chuckle at this...mainly because of my dark sense of humour.

Surgical mask, gloves and plastic apron is all we've got...add a plastic visor if one of our patients is C19 positive wtf . We're nowhere near as kitted out as Bovril and we have community and inpatients to see as well. All things considered, the team I'm with have been remarkably lucky as several of community patients have tested positive but no staff...as yet. The stupid thing is, because no member of staff has shown any symptoms, none of us have been tested even though we've been exposed on several occasions, notably during the 10 days it took us to get PPE at the start of this. I suspect I've had it but can't prove it and in any case if I haven't, it's only a matter of time.

Bovril - all the best and fingerscrossed
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#13 Post by Bovril »

Sandgroper, you and all the other frontline staff are far more deserving of praise and gratitude than I am. At least as an NHS paramedic we have reasonable PPE, although as time goes on the level of PPE we are advised to wear reduces, many feeling this more a financial decision than a safety one.
I go to many care homes, sheltered units, wards etc where I see such a sparsity of PPE that it is hugely worrying.
Even those working behind shop counters have been woefully abandoned when it comes to PPE.
I'm doing well albeit having spent maybe 18 of the last 24 hours asleep, but am generally well and hope to stay that way.
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Bovril, take care rest up and get well and thank you for your service to our country and people.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

Grant, thank you for your service. thankssign

Do you mean to say that what we hear from our hypocritical masters about PPE now being sorted isn't true? Gosh!

A friend of mines partner in Highland is a Paramedic team leader and her lot only got their PPE two weeks ago same time as my cousin who is a peripatetic carer.

Its true what they say those shite heads in government are on different planet.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Christel
Site Admin

#16 Post by Christel »

Several friends/customers/family have told us that testing in some places are stopped as too many test positive and as such has to be sent home, as staff is needed they stop testing.

I have not read this online, only been told it from several sources.
Sandgroper

#17 Post by Sandgroper »

dromia wrote:Grant, thank you for your service. thankssign

Do you mean to say that what we hear from our hypocritical masters about PPE now being sorted isn't true? Gosh!

A friend of mines partner in Highland is a Paramedic team leader and her lot only got their PPE two weeks ago same time as my cousin who is a peripatetic carer.

Sincerely, thank you, but in all honesty I don't think I'm doing anything special...I'm just doing what I'm paid to do.

Admittedly the PPE situation was bad at the beginning but it showed the quality of our Managers...some were up to the task and some weren't. wallhead
It's stable now but the quality of the masks have decreased a bit - "Your equipment is made by the lowest bidder!". As I'm ex forces (and Prison Service) I'm used to being handed the sh*tty end of the stick wtf so I'm pretty philosophical (or is that fatalistic?) about the whole situation...
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#18 Post by Geek »

RDC wrote:I certainly echo the sentiments of our fellow forumites.
Agreed
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#19 Post by Geek »

dromia wrote:

Wasn't the whole world trying to purchase PPE? which seems to be mostly made in China. I am sure that all countries had a shortage!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#20 Post by dromia »

Yes there was but now there seems to be a disconnect 'tween what our hypocritical politicos are saying and the reality on the ground.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/