Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Covid19 Postcode Lottery

#11 Post by Dellboy »

1 were i live 1 were my mum lives and 6 where i was working
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

strangesam wrote:2 around my house, 5 around my Mothers.

Having had schrodingers virus (think we've had it, couldn't get tested so cant be sure, therefore have to behave as if we haven't had it). I'm 3 months past the worst of it. I still cant concentrate, am short of breath, permanently fatigued. Its a b****** of an illness. Take it seriously people. I had a 'mild' case, which wasn't hospitalisable (blood O2 only fell to 88% which was to high to be hospitalised). Doing the weekly shop in Tescos means spending the next day in bed hurting.

We've rapidly approaching the same number of civilian deaths in the last 3 months than civilian casualties during all 6 years of WWII ( 63,681 vs 67,200)

[excess covid deaths from https://www.ft.com/content/9bb5f28e-b47 ... cb43d2a006, WWII civilian casualties from wikipedia]
WHO states:
The flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year globally.

Johns Hopkins states:
450,835 C-19 deaths globally (not sure what that number includes) since the outbreak started.

I find the whole situation rather scary. This winter will be telling.

strangesam, all the best to you and yours.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

End of March a colleague of ours was seen at the local A&E.

I have just searched that post code and no deaths.

Now we know for a fact that while he was there two bodies were wheeled past with sheets over them. Staff were dressed in what can only be described as futuristic protective gear and there were screaming and shouting going on.

Now....the next day Sunday 21st of March all hospitals in Lincolnshire stopped visits. He got sick that day and isolated. Not been tested - I saw him Friday and he is still struggling for breath and gets tired doing not a lot.

I think without being paranoid or over dramatic that the situation is a lot worse than has been recorded.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#14 Post by strangesam »

Believe me you cant scream or shout with this.. talking was enough to make my lips go literally blue, ignoring the sore throat and lost voice. For 4 days it was just a constant struggle to get oxygen.

I think deaths are registered at home address not the hospital BTW.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#15 Post by Dellboy »

Christel wrote:
strangesam wrote:2 around my house, 5 around my Mothers.

Having had schrodingers virus (think we've had it, couldn't get tested so cant be sure, therefore have to behave as if we haven't had it). I'm 3 months past the worst of it. I still cant concentrate, am short of breath, permanently fatigued. Its a b****** of an illness. Take it seriously people. I had a 'mild' case, which wasn't hospitalisable (blood O2 only fell to 88% which was to high to be hospitalised). Doing the weekly shop in Tescos means spending the next day in bed hurting.

We've rapidly approaching the same number of civilian deaths in the last 3 months than civilian casualties during all 6 years of WWII ( 63,681 vs 67,200)

[excess covid deaths from https://www.ft.com/content/9bb5f28e-b47 ... cb43d2a006, WWII civilian casualties from wikipedia]
WHO states:
The flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year globally.

Johns Hopkins states:
450,835 C-19 deaths globally (not sure what that number includes) since the outbreak started.

I find the whole situation rather scary. This winter will be telling.

strangesam, all the best to you and yours.

Sadly people who have possibly had it and survived could by the winter still be in a weakend medical state unable to survive 'seasonal infections' bloody scary
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by Pippin89 »

Seasonal flu isn't really a fair comparison. An ICU doctor that I know was saying at the start of all this that yes flu kills a lot of people, but you can guarantee that by March its mostly gone and the deaths come to an end. C-19 is still largely unknown and we have no idea what the end will look like.

Interestingly, did you know there was a C-17 virus a couple of years ago. It was contained early and was far less deadly so no one really cared.

I do strongly believe that China tried to cover up the outbreak before it went global and that they knew about it long before the first cases were recorded. I was extremely ill back in Feb with a terrible cough and struggling to breathe. It may well have been that I had it back then when it wasn't really active here and we were still told that there were just a handful of cases. I think it arrived here long before that and we just didnt know or put it down to flu etc.
DOGGER2UK
Site Supporter Since 2019

#17 Post by DOGGER2UK »

It ain't me.
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Pippin89 wrote:Seasonal flu isn't really a fair comparison. An ICU doctor that I know was saying at the start of all this that yes flu kills a lot of people, but you can guarantee that by March its mostly gone and the deaths come to an end. C-19 is still largely unknown and we have no idea what the end will look like.

Interestingly, did you know there was a C-17 virus a couple of years ago. It was contained early and was far less deadly so no one really cared.

I do strongly believe that China tried to cover up the outbreak before it went global and that they knew about it long before the first cases were recorded. I was extremely ill back in Feb with a terrible cough and struggling to breathe. It may well have been that I had it back then when it wasn't really active here and we were still told that there were just a handful of cases. I think it arrived here long before that and we just didnt know or put it down to flu etc.
People have reported similar back in Dec 2019.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#19 Post by GeeRam »

Interesting site that......

I'm right on the border of two post code areas, the one I'm in is quite big, but doesn't have much population, and it's the grand total of 1, but 100 yards away in the adjacent area, which is really the rest of my estate other than my road and one other roads, its the 2 people, which is actually more representative of where I live.
However, I moved to this location only 2 months before lockdown started from Greater London, and I'm so glad I did, as looking at my old post code and things are very different!
Like now, I lived pretty much right on the border of 3 small post code areas on the map, but all 3 combined is still a smaller area than the 2 mentioned above, but.....the total deaths for those 3 areas in London combined (all within a mile radius of my old home) is 37........
AL8

#20 Post by AL8 »

A lot of people where I work were ill around Christmas time, myself included
I was struggling to get my breath like a 100 a day smoker, everything ached and I had no energy.