Interesting piece from New Scientist

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Interesting piece from New Scientist

#11 Post by shugie »

Pippin89 wrote:It is easy to think that the government are making these decisions blindly. But you have to remember they have teams of researchers, who know far more about this than you or me, advising them all the way. None of us are experts in virology or microbiology so we must trust those that are to make the right call.
I wouldn't trust Boris Johnson to sit on the toilet the right way up. They do have teams of researchers trying to guess what it is Dominic Cummings wants to hear on any given topic. They totally ignore any science that doesn't fit their agenda.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

shugie wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:It is easy to think that the government are making these decisions blindly. But you have to remember they have teams of researchers, who know far more about this than you or me, advising them all the way. None of us are experts in virology or microbiology so we must trust those that are to make the right call.
I wouldn't trust Boris Johnson to sit on the toilet the right way up. They do have teams of researchers trying to guess what it is Dominic Cummings wants to hear on any given topic. They totally ignore any science that doesn't fit their agenda.
What is their agenda?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

Wealth over health and heard immunity at the expense of the vulnerable, seem pretty obvious the way they are going. Along with the other current policy driver boris the buffoons narcissistic ego.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by Pete »

Relax...............Boris says we'll all be back to normal by xmas. lollol

Maybe, maybe not............

At least we did get a decent couple of hours shooting at Bisley yesterday..............first since Feb 10th, AND the sun was shining............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#15 Post by GeeRam »

Mike95 wrote:The case of a Mink farm in Spain is concerning... it appears that the Mink have caught Covid 19 from some of the human workers... it seems that the virus is multi dimensional... your pet dog or cat might be next.. !
There was a case in the news back at the beginning in a zoo somewhere (Spain maybe?) where one of the Big Cat keepers was a confirmed case, and a week or so later, one of their Tigers started coughing, and they tested the Tiger and found that it had Covid......and therefore deduced it had caught it from the keeper.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#16 Post by GeeRam »

dromia wrote:Wealth over health and heard immunity at the expense of the vulnerable, seem pretty obvious the way they are going. Along with the other current policy driver boris the buffoons narcissistic ego.
The long term tests done in the UK over past 3/4 months have already shown that so-called heard immunity is likely to be wishful thinking with the evidence that any anti-bodies in the human bodies after fighting off have waned away after 3/4 months.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#17 Post by shugie »

Christel wrote:
shugie wrote:
What is their agenda?
Always been the same I suspect "take it on the chin", meaning let the virus do what it will, those who survive will be immune. Except there is mounting evidence that having had a mild case, or no symptoms at all, may not give long term immunity. I'll believe it's back to normal when I see all the MPs back in the Commons sitting on their green benches packed in like sardines in a tin.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#18 Post by Pete »

+1...but don't hold your breath

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

Wishful thinking obviously forms the major part of boris the buffoons limited intellectual capacity.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/