Response to C-19

Moderator: dromia

Do you believe that China is to blame for the spread of C-19 and should be sued?

No
50%
Yes
50%

Total votes: 12

David24

Re: Response to C-19

#11 Post by David24 »

Plumose wrote:I was just wondering if any of the people that are sure they had it before Feb. have actually had antibody test?

There are lots of respiratory diseases out there, and most of them have a much lower mortality rate then is being seen with this.

I am amongst those that had similar symptoms (cough and generally unwell, no temperature or changes in taste/smell) in late December, but haven't had an antibody test so don't know if it was Covid-19.
I, as well as many others at my work, had the same thing back in late December throughout January, with a cold/cough that seemed to never wanted to leave and some of the other symptoms. I was on the randomly selected antibody test and that came through as negative, (granted that reports that it is not guaranteed as 100% accurate), but I'm marking it off as possibly another infection and not Covid. Since winter is the normal cold/flu time but this one just seemed worse.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Response to C-19

#12 Post by Pippin89 »

Plumose wrote:I was just wondering if any of the people that are sure they had it before Feb. have actually had antibody test?

There are lots of respiratory diseases out there, and most of them have a much lower mortality rate then is being seen with this.

I am amongst those that had similar symptoms (cough and generally unwell, no temperature or changes in taste/smell) in late December, but haven't had an antibody test so don't know if it was Covid-19.
I had a viral infection in early Feb with a bad cough, slight temp etc that dragged on for about 3 weeks. My whole family had it. Fairly convinced we had it then.
However, the NHS is currently not taking too much notice of the antigen test as false negatives are fairly common. False positives are less likely apparently but they basically are saying don't take too much notice of it. I haven't bothered to have one for that reason.