From the NRA website.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: From the NRA website.

#31 Post by Sim G »

dromia wrote:but what I have noticed is that each successive government has been worse than the one that went before 'till we now have descended to the current level of trash.

Nailed it!!!

In General Elections I have never voted anything but Conservative and that’s as someone growing up on a council estate in the West End of Newcastle! But I’m struggling to offer my support to this current administration who despite a very promising start have collapsed like a tissue paper sculpture during a spring shower....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

And people generally seem far more stupid than they used to when I was interested in politics.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

From the NRA website.

#33 Post by dromia »

I sometimes wonder if it is a reflection of our decades long deteriorating education system.

Years of cutting shoe string budgets and derisory policy making are showing now.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#34 Post by Andy632 »

Sim G wrote:
dromia wrote:but what I have noticed is that each successive government has been worse than the one that went before 'till we now have descended to the current level of trash.

Nailed it!!!

In General Elections I have never voted anything but Conservative and that’s as someone growing up on a council estate in the West End of Newcastle! But I’m struggling to offer my support to this current administration who despite a very promising start have collapsed like a tissue paper sculpture during a spring shower....

Aye, what what are the other options???????? 8-) 8-)
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

From the NRA website.

#35 Post by GeeRam »

Pete wrote:Is that what the Swedes themselves think?
The ones I know do.

I have a lot of friends in Sweden, and they are all worried about the route taken by their Govt.

The only thing that has stopped Sweden being a disaster zone is the fact that 3/4 quarters of their population live in a naturally socially distanced way, it was a risk they could take to a certain degree.
There are more people living within the M25 than in the whole of Sweden, which is almost twice the area of the UK.
Anyone that thinks we in the UK should have done what Sweden did is frankly a lunatic.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#36 Post by IainWR »

This thread has departed a long way from the OP, and I don't think is relevant to NRA any more. Time to take to GOM?
Chapuis

#37 Post by Chapuis »

:good:
IainWR wrote:This thread has departed a long way from the OP, and I don't think is relevant to NRA any more. Time to take to GOM?
:good: Absolutely agree with you Iain. I thought this was a shooting forum, if I want to hear nonsense spouted about politics I watch the BBC.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#38 Post by Dark Skies »

dromia wrote: I don't care which party governs just so long as they do it well. We haven't been governed well by anyone in my voting lifetime, but what I have noticed is that each successive government has been worse than the one that went before 'till we now have descended to the current level of trash.
And given the extremely low bar TB (apt initials) set that's saying something!

Although naturally conservative, well, more libertarian, I haven't been able to bring myself to vote for decades. The s*** offered up by all parties just gets looser every year.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#39 Post by Geek »

[quote="Dark Skies"][quote="dromia"]
I haven't been able to bring myself to vote for decades.

Everyone is entitled to make their own choices, however, if anyone chooses not to vote, then they get they party they deserve.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#40 Post by Geek »

Chapuis wrote::good:
IainWR wrote:This thread has departed a long way from the OP, and I don't think is relevant to NRA any more. Time to take to GOM?
if I want to hear nonsense spouted about politics I watch the BBC.
You must be one of the few (too much liberal wokeness!) Time the BBC was self funded by subscription.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S