Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

From the NRA website.

#21 Post by Pete »

How many Swedes do you know?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

Re: From the NRA website.

#22 Post by Christel »

lol
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#23 Post by Lancs Lad »

Pete wrote:How many Swedes do you know?

Pete

Quite a few as I worked in Sweden for a couple of years. Two of my close friends are now living and working in the UK. The husband is a surgery consultant and his wife is a GP. Both work for the NHS. You most certainly would not want to hear their views on Sweden's handling of the pandemic.

:flag13: LL
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#24 Post by dromia »

Mauserbill wrote:hello
Seems the post is turning Political so here's my view.
It may seem bad, but people seem to forget just how diabolical it would have been if the other Marxist lot would have got in.
Hells teeth that old saw is the one of the the most stupidly vacuous lack of an argument I have ever heard.

Just a way of trying to avoid the dire reality of what we actually have in westminster.

Speculating as what another government might or might not have been like is just playground stuff.

The fact is this government is the ones destroying the country at present, the also rans are totally irrelevant.

Its like saying that cancer of the pancreas is better than cancer of the kidneys, or vice versa. FFS if that is the best defence a tory supporter can make of the current incumbent idiots then no wonder the country is shite.

With democracy you get the government you deserve and with such complacently low expectations as this from the electorate it surprises me not that we have a motorway pile up for a government.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

From the NRA website.

#25 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Really enjoyed your "Rant" as I said Marxist, but good for a laugh.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#26 Post by dromia »

Just as I said even more stupidly vacuous arguments and assumptions.

Still I am glad that you seem to be one of the few who think boris the bastard and his asylum colleagues are doing a good job. As with all narcissists they desperately need unquestioning and unthinking people to like them.

As the "R" rate rockets infections and deaths increase and boris's "world beating" test track and trace system fails with another national lockdown looming we are reaping what boris has sown and still some people like you think this is good and flippantly throw out the irrelevant one line "marxist" apologia when the current incumbent incompetents are challenged for their continued failure.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#27 Post by Lancs Lad »

dromia wrote:Just as I said even more stupidly vacuous arguments and assumptions.

Still I am glad that you seem to be one of the few who think boris the bastard and his asylum colleagues are doing a good job. As with all narcissists they desperately need unquestioning and unthinking people to like them.

As the "R" rate rockets infections and deaths increase and boris's "world beating" test track and trace system fails with another national lockdown looming we are reaping what boris has sown and still some people like you think this is good and flippantly throw out the irrelevant one line "marxist" apologia when the current incumbent incompetents are challenged for their continued failure.

Dromia

As the moderator on this forum your rants and language pertaining to the government are out of order and you need to get a grip of yourself.
Whatever your personal feelings towards any section of the community or individuals themselves, those feelings should not be expressed on this forum in the manner in which you use.
Moderators are there to 'moderate' exactly the kind of rhetoric that you habitually employ and yet you are quick enough to jump on other posters for fairly minor forum indiscretions. As far as I am aware, moderators are not immune to criticism but I guess any responses to this message will indicate whether that is true or not.
The government has my support (for the moment) but that may change if it gets to a point where they shift radically from my way of thinking. I mention this just so we are all clear on my position.
You have freedom of speech and I fully support that ... but if you choose to continue posting rants such as your most recent then give up the moderator role, post as a forum member ... then expect to have your post moderated!

:flag13: LL
Christel
Site Admin

#28 Post by Christel »

Political leanings aside...how could the current Government have done it better?

All the failings that are being mentioned, what are they?
dromia
Site Admin

From the NRA website.

#29 Post by dromia »

We are all entitled to our views and free to express them on here so long as it is not personal attacks.

As to how things could have been done better, the list is legion. Getting ahead of the game earlier, pursuing a working test track and trace system from the get go, such systems are already in place but needed scaling up but boris decided to reinvent the wheel with headline grabbing wonder apps and moonshots while we have the current shambles, dominic cummings, consistent messaging, more gravitas, less hypocrisy, less spin, better communication 'tween central and local government, better leader ship and example - its fine for the state to break the law, etc etc etc. The fact is that the country has lost trust in this lots ability to manage the crisis.

This isn't with hindsight contagion planning and control isn't new and has robust and successful history and practice across the globe. To be honest once the method of transfer is understood then the rest is mainly common sense, however that is lacking in government and reflected by sections of the population who no doubt take their lead from the government antics. The uk under this government were woefully unprepared for this despite recommendations around its unpreparedness. Things might have been the same under another government however the fact is that this happened on the last 10 years of tory watch so they are undeniably culpable.

I don't care which party governs just so long as they do it well. We haven't been governed well by anyone in my voting lifetime, but what I have noticed is that each successive government has been worse than the one that went before 'till we now have descended to the current level of trash.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Sim G
Past Supporter

#30 Post by Sim G »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
Really enjoyed your "Rant" as I said Marxist, but good for a laugh.

Funny isn’t it, that Karl Marx gets all the attention whilst his sister, Onya, the inventor of the starter pistol, is largely ignored...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!