One law for them and one for the rest of us

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: One law for them and one for the rest of us

#11 Post by dromia »

What RDC said, shame you can't/won't see it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

all my ranges are open, I've just got back from a cowboy comp at the weekend. I won't bother posting the vids
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

Aw go on Cowboy competitions are one of the few shooting events I enjoy watching.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#14 Post by DaveB »

Talk about one law for us and one law for the rest, yesterday a photo appeared of a our glorious Prime Minister Adern taking a selfie with dozens of adoring fans crowded around her, on a day when we were still in Level 2 for COVID which demands that we stay 2 metres apart from one another for the safety of us all. Great example there Jacinda.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by Pete »

I thought she'd single-handedly cracked C-19 as far as the Kiwis are concerned..............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Sandgroper »

I posted this previously but thought it worth highlighting again...

From https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-cant-do

3.16 Can I still participate in sport and physical activity in groups of more than 6?
You can continue to take part in organised sporting or licensed physical activity in groups of more than 6. This can be in any public place – indoors or outdoors – or a private outdoor space like a garden; but not inside a private home. These activities either need to be organised by a club, business or charity; and/or involve someone who has received an official license to use equipment relevant to the activity. In all cases, the organiser must conduct a risk assessment and ensure compliance with COVID-19 Secure guidance.

You should only be playing team sports where the relevant governing body has published guidance on how to do so safely. Organised dance and exercise classes can take place in groups of more than six, where a risk assessment has been carried out, but you should limit your social interaction with other participants.

The list of organised sport or licensed outdoor physical activity that you can do in groups of more than six includes:

Angling
Baseball / Softball
Basketball
Canoeing / Kayaking
Caving
Climbing
Curling
Cricket
Dodgeball
Dragon Boat Racing
Equestrian
Floorball
Football
Gaelic Sports
Goalball
Hockey
Hunting - some forms
Ice Hockey
Lacrosse
Netball
Octopush
Polo
Roller Sports
Rowing
Rugby League
Rugby Union
Rounders
Sailing/Yachting
Shooting (including hunting and paintball that requires a shotgun or firearms certificate license)
Ultimate Frisbee
Volleyball
Other sports or licensed outdoor physical activities may also be permitted where their governing body has published guidance.

All supervised activities for children, including sports and exercise groups, are permitted where a risk assessment has been carried out – up to any number of participants.

When participating in organised sport or licensed physical activity, you must not gather in groups of more than 6 before and after the activity. You must also ensure you socially distance from people you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) wherever possible.

When playing sports informally with people you don’t live with, you must limit the size of your group to 6. It is illegal to do so in a larger group and you may be fined.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#17 Post by DaveB »

Pete wrote:I thought she'd single-handedly cracked C-19 as far as the Kiwis are concerned..............

Pete
Yes, apparently so. I am sure that according to some she also walks on water, heals the sick and raises the dead! What she doesn't do, is follow her own rules.