24th of September, app is live

Moderator: dromia

Landrover 130
Home club or Range: North Cotes

Re: 24th of September, app is live

#21 Post by Landrover 130 »

isnt one of the main problems with it that it doesnt actually work properly ?, sure i read somewhere that you cant upload negative results or certain labs can't communicate results to it properly
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#22 Post by strangesam »

These issues are being (or have been) addressed.

This is quite a good summary, by a chap who I believe to be honest.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzINBq4yVvs/url]
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#23 Post by poll007 »

Landrover 130 wrote:isnt one of the main problems with it that it doesnt actually work properly ?, sure i read somewhere that you cant upload negative results or certain labs can't communicate results to it properly
They had a tweet replying to someone in which they said you cant add positive/negative results from public health England, NHS Labs or the ONS.

In short the only results that can be added have to come from one of the private companies doing tests.

IE "NHS" test and trace cant use NHS results-as of Friday that is-hopefully they will have fixed this by now though I don't hold out much hope
Last edited by poll007 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Landrover 130
Home club or Range: North Cotes

#24 Post by Landrover 130 »

Not that its going to make much difference to me even if they do get it working, if they want me to install it then they can supply me with the nice new phone for it to go on, until then im quite happy with my old one which still works perfectly well for making phone calls and im not that bothered about the other stuff and apps
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Landrover 130, got to agree with you, I am not buying a new phone just for this to work.
Polchraine

#26 Post by Polchraine »

Tried to install on the phones SD card and it will not install. Phone is Android and 1+ years old, Google push so much junk that takes up space resulting in no space for apps. Tried deleting Chrome and YouTube, but they reinstall without my agreement.

Emailed the help desk and 5 days later, no reply.

Received an email from the NHS telling me about the app - I have NOT given permission for them to contact me, so what penis them to break data protection laws?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#27 Post by Dark Skies »

I installed it on my creaky old (brand new) Android Moto G3 (6.01) with no problem at all.
However, it still has so many bugs in it that I'm on the verge of uninstalling it. If you can't rely on it what good is it?

Britain couldn't organize an orgy in a brothel.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#28 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mine works fine, the only issue is I forget to scan the code at work.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#29 Post by RDC »

Well, this track and trace app had an unexpected consequence for me on Monday night.

Me and my wife went out for a meal to celebrate a special occasion and as I was lining up the barcode, my knee dislocated. 5 hours laying on the entrance floor waiting for an ambulance as I couldn't move, and now laid up with an immobilizer brace and crutches as my knee didn't really want to stay back in place.

I think I'm going to recommend they put the barcode higher up as I crouched a little to line it up and that's when it went pop.