Facemasks

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Facemasks

#1 Post by Pete »

Now I've been under the impression that wearing these was compulsory, ie a LEGAL requirement in shops and enclosed spaces other than pubs and restaurants, and subject to a fine if disregarded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cez4x ... ey-johnson

I recently saw three people in a local Lidls without masks...........the staff have apparently been told by their managers not to approach or engage with them.

And they wonder why people are ignoring the constant barrage of "advice" emanating from HMG............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Facemasks

#2 Post by dromia »

This failed government has lost any credibility around it's conflicting, confusing and complex advice on covid. It has no apparent policy or plan on the issue and even after 7 months it is still playing a re-active game more driven by the headline it might garner than the needs of the country or that which is needed to control the virus. Almost every step seems to be based on avoiding any blame for this debacle attaching itself to him and his groupies, the reason we failed on covid is because the great British public isn't! Sorry boris that is just not good enough.

Boris's continued blatant hypocrisy as epitomised by the cumming's affair has given carte blanche to those in the community who wish to flaunt the rules as the governments absurd messaging creates more confusion than concerted action.

Legislation and bringing in rules is only meaningful when you have the ability to enforce them, boris's edicts only show how stupid and disconnected the idiot is.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:Now I've been under the impression that wearing these was compulsory, ie a LEGAL requirement in shops and enclosed spaces other than pubs and restaurants, and subject to a fine if disregarded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cez4x ... ey-johnson

I recently saw three people in a local Lidls without masks...........the staff have apparently been told by their managers not to approach or engage with them.

And they wonder why people are ignoring the constant barrage of "advice" emanating from HMG............

Pete
The moment that face masks in shops became mandatory the police said that they would not be enforcing it and supermarkets said they wouldn't put staff in harm's way to enforce the policy.

The latter I fully understand. The former was just flagrant stupidity - it sent out all the wrong messages to the stupid and the selfish. Maybe it was impractical to expect the police to enforce it but they didn't need to shout it from the rooftops that they would basically ignore the issue.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

And as this BBC news item shows the grate and the goad don't consider that the rules apply to them.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54369002

Incidentally, Johnson is American for 'tool'. Apt for Boz and dad.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

If Idiot Sr has just come back from a trip to partibus infidelis, why was he in the shop anyway ? shouldn't 'im have been self isolating ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#6 Post by Les »

I must admit that I sometimes forget to put my mask on before going into a shop, but the dark looks I get (rightfully) from other shoppers soon make me aware of my mistake. :oops:
Rarms
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Rarms »

I was under the impression there are many exclusions for not wearing a mask. Feeling anxious, hard of breath etc..

Perhaps he has a genuine reason.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

Hard of thinking ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
artiglio

#9 Post by artiglio »

Rarms wrote:I was under the impression there are many exclusions for not wearing a mask. Feeling anxious, hard of breath etc..

Perhaps he has a genuine reason.
The only thing you need to say is that you have an exemption , no one can ask you to prove ( police aside (i hope)) and so its a pointless exercise reliant on the goodwill of the populace. As such it could be considered a success in that so many do as asked.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

With the amount of exemptions in place, and the lack of requirement for people to prove such exemptions, it makes the whole thing pointless. Its got to the stage now where I think this will only properly calm down (it will NEVER end, just like the cold and flu never ends), until there's a level of herd immunity. Sadly that means a lot more people are going to die first.
DVC