Covid club closures and membership refunds

Moderator: dromia

yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

Re: Covid club closures and membership refunds

#21 Post by yellowhand »

Daryll wrote:Our Club (outdoor range) is £130 a year, no daily fees, open 7 days a week, Club and NRA qualified RO's have keys to the range.
We own the land that the main range (50yd airgun, 25 and 50 yd centerfire) is on, and we rent the adjacent field for Archery, Clays and Practical.
Thank you, always heard about UK gun clubs, was curious what the cost were.
We have a 99 year lease of state land for ours, a few hundred acres???, not counting the mountain we use for a back stop on the rifle and hand gun ranges.
We lived in Germany for a dozen years, and used the local German club ranges a lot for competitions, as well as being able to use Army ranges on the weekends.
The times I went over to the UK, was working, so never made it to a gun club there, wanted too, but, ugh, work.
I did enjoy your pubs a few times.:)LOL
Everyone said I talked funny...
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#22 Post by strangesam »

Depends on the range/club. Both of mine are indoor (though the fullbore one books MOD ranges for longer shoots).

One of mine is a 25/50m fullbore club with over 300 members, open 4-6 days per week (or anytime if you can convince one of the many keyholders to open for you) who rent/lease the range, so the clubs major outgoing is rent.
Thats £160pa, plus £3 range fee per visit or competition fees of £5-30 (depending on the type/duration of competition).

The other is a 25m smallbore club with about 35 members, shooting 3-4 days per week*, which owns its range, and so its major outgoings are taxes, targets, utilities (plus saving up for the once a decade expenses like falling down walls, and carpark resurfacing).
Thats £100pa, no range fees, but £3-5 entrance fees for competitions (to cover targets and prizes). Club ammo is marked up 10% to go towards targets.

Land is expensive here. My smallbore club rents the range to two other clubs, as they don't have their own, they shoot the other days.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#23 Post by strangesam »

Back on topic,

Both my clubs charged full fees this year, (with options to defer due to hardship, upon messaging the treasurer), but also both announced that they plan to reduce fees next year, once ongoing costs and the extent of the Covid closure periods is known for existing members.

The one that owns the range, and rents to other clubs is also planning on reducing that rent, but I don't know if they've decided by how much yet.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#24 Post by 450 Martini »

My primary club have knocked a bit off next year's fees which was quite nice.
A re-enactment group i help run has not taken any membership fees this year as we cannot hold any events. Another group i am a member of is still asking for membership money but has not held any events since 2019 and insist on cash only.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#25 Post by Andy632 »

Our club has left fees as is but are not charging the probationers for the next year due to not being able to accommodate them on the few shooting days we have run.

Club fees only £40 pa.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#26 Post by poll007 »

My local clubs subs are normally due in october.

No refunds and they have just requested everyone pay up for this years and normal rates (and they have increased the price of student membership to be the same as standard)

so I pay £70 a year +£2 any time i turn up at the range to shoot (indoor 25m gallery range)

fullbore would usually be booked once or twice a month costing £15 each time (or you can be an "investor" and just pay £95 for the year-i paid this last year but we sadly have only had a couple of shoots)
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#27 Post by redcat »

450 Martini wrote: Another group i am a member of is still asking for membership money but has not held any events since 2019 and insist on cash only.
No events for over a year? Cash only? Are people still paying? If so, for what?

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#28 Post by Bovril »

My club froze membership for about 3 months. Seems reasonable to me.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#29 Post by mag41uk »

My clubs renewal remained the same. £90 a year and £3 range fee.
Its a pittance really in comparison.
We have two outdoor ranges and an indoor range.
Over the past few years all the wiring has been replaced and some out door lighting installed.
The 100yd firing point was reroofed last year (18 firing points)
The indoor range has been reroofed and insulated.
During lock down the indoor range floor has been repainted and the curtain is just being replaced ( 15 firing points ).
There is always ongoing maintenance of the out door ranges and car park.
As I said £90 is bugger all to keep the range in a fit state.
In fact I only paid £65 due to age!
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#30 Post by Dellboy »

We are £90 a year with 60 odd members
We didnt get any grants (sub let the range )
We havent shot much (indoor range) and not any real interest from the members in going to Bisley
We have had 3 people ask for a refund saying they will rejoin when its over ,we explained we are their reason for their FAC , and to rejoin they would go on the bottom of the waiting list of 16 waiting to join .
We are considering something for the next renewal but we have still had all the normal bills and no comp or ammo sale income .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.