Covid club closures and membership refunds

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Covid club closures and membership refunds

#31 Post by Pete »

That says it all, really.......I wouldn't expect my club to start offering refunds.
Covid's not their fault.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#32 Post by Les »

Two of the clubs I attend have reduced their fees for next year. One will be totally free, and the other will be reduced by 50%.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#33 Post by Andy632 »

No discount from the NRA this year.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#34 Post by dromia »

signfunnypost lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thinking about it, I paying out around GBP360 in club membership PA, plus syndicate which puts things at well over GBP1000 before I pull a trigger. None have suggested a refund (Not that I expected one) I have not shot on the syndicate either, despite the game season starting 8 weeks ago. A crap shooting year really, I did not spend much time overland either. Next year it will be syndicate and a couple of target clubs as I have not even shot at two of my clubs. One thing I do plan on is a lot more stuff overland as if it was not for zeroing my .22-250 last week it would soon have been home to a family of spiders.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#36 Post by Andy632 »

Ho hum, I'm a "life member" of Strathpeffer rifle & pistol club for donkeys years and a senior (oap) member of Cawdor (£20 pa). Nuffin else to pay, except Strath competition fees of £2 per comp. So just managing to scrape by on my pensions!
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
The Event

#37 Post by The Event »

At my club we used to pay £80 a year & £2 range fee. After the first lockdown we suspended the range fee for a couple of months to compensate people for the time they lost. Then a vote was held to abolish the range fee completely and replace it with a sub fee of £130 per year from 2021.
As we had to lock out all the probationers and members who didn't have their own guns so that we could maintain distancing etc. we will only be charging them half price for next year and will probably give some reduction to all other members depending on how much grant money we get for time we've had to shut.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#38 Post by channel12 »

My club is operating semi-normally and was like everything else shut down during the to two lock downs. No mention of refunds but the club has spent money on making the firing points "covid safe"
The main changes are that you must now pre-book a timed firing point place instead of just turning up and the number of points have been reduced to give more distancing between shooters.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#39 Post by Alpha1 »

Just sent an email to my members we will not be accepting any fees subs for the 2021 season. The Club will cover any range licencing bookings NRA affiliation or any other costs using Club funds.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#40 Post by Pippin89 »

My club (smallbore indoor 25m range with fullbore at Bisley) is £96 a year with £4 range fee. We only have something like 28 members and I don't think any of us would accept a reduction in membership fees for the sake of the club. Small "non-business" clubs like those stay afloat with the goodness of volunteers and the committee that run it. If I was a member of a larger "business" club then maybe I would think differently...