Covid club closures and membership refunds

Moderator: dromia

bb2

Covid club closures and membership refunds

#1 Post by bb2 »

Has anyone's shooting club offered partial membership refunds for enforced closures due to the Covid 19 pandemic?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Covid club closures and membership refunds

#2 Post by dromia »

Not surprisingly none of mine have, the costs of keeping the range have stayed the same and still have to be paid for. There will no doubt be some savings on heating and lighting but then there are extra costs for wipes, sanitisers and the like.

Clubs with a healthy balance could have considered no membership fee's as a gesture to its members in these difficult times but I haven't heard of such clubs doing so although there must be some member orientated clubs that have done it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#3 Post by daman »

We cut our membership rate by 50% for the year, picked up a covid grant from the council that almost covers the rent.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

We will not be accepting subs for 2021 exsisting members will get a free year.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#5 Post by Daryll »

Our club is talking about reduced fees for next year, for members who paid their annual membership in Dec 2019
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Oundle haven't but as Dromia mentioned there are still bills to pay etc.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#7 Post by snayperskaya »

I wouldn't accept a refund if it was offered, partial or otherwise, as if my home club was to close I'd have to spend considerably more to travel elsewhere to shoot.I'd rather suck it up and support my club rather than see it go under!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
bb2

#8 Post by bb2 »

snayperskaya wrote:I wouldn't accept a refund if it was offered, partial or otherwise, as if my home club was to close I'd have to spend considerably more to travel elsewhere to shoot.I'd rather suck it up and support my club rather than see it go under!.
The question was has it been offered and not whether you would or wouldn't accept it.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

bb2 wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:I wouldn't accept a refund if it was offered, partial or otherwise, as if my home club was to close I'd have to spend considerably more to travel elsewhere to shoot.I'd rather suck it up and support my club rather than see it go under!.
The question was has it been offered and not whether you would or wouldn't accept it.
No it hasn't, but that may change once it reopens and one can attend again.......after the last lockdown members were given two free range days with no range fee, but a lot of us still paid out of choice.

That answer your question satisfactorily?.....
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
bb2

#10 Post by bb2 »

snayperskaya wrote:
bb2 wrote:
No it hasn't, but that may change once it reopens and one can attend again.......after the last lockdown members were given two free range days with no range fee, but a lot of us still paid out of choice.

That answer your question satisfactorily?.....
Yes thanks and keeps the post on topic.