30%
I will have the vaccine
60%
I will have have a vaccine but depends on which one
10%

Total votes: 40

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Covid 19 vaccine.

#51 Post by dromia »

I know that, I was meaning eradicate in those practical not theoretical terms so as I said I have not heard poliliars or there scientific servants talking in those terms.

I thought that herd immunity wasn't practical for covid 19 according to government science servants.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
RDC

#52 Post by RDC »

dromia wrote:I know that, I was meaning eradicate in those practical not theoretical terms so as I said I have not heard poliliars or there scientific servants talking in those terms.

I thought that herd immunity wasn't practical for covid 19 according to government science servants.
You are confusing herd immunity from the amount of people naturally being infected, with herd immunity thanks to a widespread vaccination programme.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#53 Post by shugie »

Les wrote:The vaccine has been produced in a collaboration between Phizer (USA) and BionTech (Germany), but the UK is the first country to give it the OK. So in other words, we are the guinea pigs for something that may or may not make any difference. Why haven't the yanks or the germans accepted the vaccine?

How much has this vaccine cost us? And if it doesn't work, will we be told "It affects different people differently".

This is yet another expensive stitch-up that our government has signed up to.
The Oxford vaccine is amazingly cheap at £3 a go, the Pfizer one is more, if we'd gone for the EU bulk buy we'd have had to wait for another week or so, but would have Pfizer vaccine more cheaply, we got the first 800,000 by paying top dollar so Bojo the clown can big himself up again.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#54 Post by Dark Skies »

I'm so far down the list / queue of intended recipients that if there's any serious side effects that older peeps and other categories will have flagged them up long before my turn.
I live in England, where it takes two weeks to see my GP, so I don't anticipate getting the shot for at least six months. I'm not going to worry in advance.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

#55 Post by yellowhand »

Any truth to the below inside the UK?

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/1 ... cine-poll/

Seems pretty close to folks here in the USA concerning taking a rushed through vaccine.

And saw this report this morning:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/ex-pf ... tility-and

The "joke" making the rounds here in the USA, is about that movie "I am Legend" the Will Smith version, where the esteem scientist is interviewed, about her vaccine to stop all cancers. She says it stops all cancers, and is 100% effective. Everyone runs out and gets the vaccine, and the whole of the world then turns into monsters.

This bug seems to attack the lungs, pneumonia seems to be the real killer here.
We have a couple of well proven vaccines against pneumonia, against 33 varieties/types if both taken over a six month period.
Getting them, sure can't hurt a fellow.

I'm an advocate for vaccines, G-D only knows how many thousands upon thousand I gave folks, took myself while in military medicine.

Retired, not working a real job everyday, pretty isolated here, might just be waiting in the very back of the line for this new wuhan virus bug juice.
Just to see how it works, side effects later on down the road, if any.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#56 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote: Boris lacks the intellectual capacity to understand any of this,
It is worth point out that ALL of us lack the ability to understand any of this because none of us are experts in the field.
My only advice is trust those that are.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#57 Post by Ovenpaa »

shugie wrote:
Les wrote:The Oxford vaccine is amazingly cheap at £3 a go, the Pfizer one is more, if we'd gone for the EU bulk buy we'd have had to wait for another week or so, but would have Pfizer vaccine more cheaply, we got the first 800,000 by paying top dollar so Bojo the clown can big himself up again.
Obviously a clown as he mismanaged a pandemic and we all know about how to deal with a pandemic in modern times. Roll on Sir Kier in charge eh Shugie? I am sure he can do a better job :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#58 Post by shugie »

Ovenpaa wrote:
shugie wrote:
Les wrote:The Oxford vaccine is amazingly cheap at £3 a go, the Pfizer one is more, if we'd gone for the EU bulk buy we'd have had to wait for another week or so, but would have Pfizer vaccine more cheaply, we got the first 800,000 by paying top dollar so Bojo the clown can big himself up again.
Obviously a clown as he mismanaged a pandemic and we all know about how to deal with a pandemic in modern times. Roll on Sir Kier in charge eh Shugie? I am sure he can do a better job :)
A week dead chimpanzee could do a better job than the current government. And there is plenty of evidence that, despite having done a full pandemic exercise four years ago, the UK still ended up with the highest death rate in Europe, lockdowns that trash the economy without controlling the virus, and billions of taxpayers money spaffed up the wall on dodgy PPE deals with mates of Tory ministers. Much as I despise Corbyn for supporting brexit, even he could have done better.

Amusingly though, the first man to get the vaccine, this morning in Coventry, was one William Shakespeare of Warwickshire, who knew the vaccine caused time travel? Not even the most loopy of the anti-vax fruitloops predicted that one.
Careful now/that sort of thing
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#59 Post by dodgyrog »

Pippin89 wrote:
dromia wrote: Boris lacks the intellectual capacity to understand any of this,
It is worth point out that ALL of us lack the ability to understand any of this because none of us are experts in the field.
Trust has to be earned. I have seen no reason to trust this Government nor its' advisors!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#60 Post by Plecotus »

Pippin89 wrote:
Speak for yourself. I'm not an 'expert' in the field but I have a good understanding of how the vaccine works and it's possible side effects. As I've said before, I will certainly be receiving it as soon as I'm offered.

As to management of the pandemic, I advocated closing our borders and cancelling events like the Cheltenham festival very early in the year. Oh no, Johnson couldn't risk the damage to the economy. That didn't play out so well eh!